Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Official TRANSFORMERS Thread

I'm at the theatre right now, pretty excited!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 PM

this movie is basically the same as Pirates, Spiderman etc..dumbed down pg/pg-13 action scenes with really cool special effects, awful screenplay, terrible dialogue, and god awful directing by Michael Bay. All in all a decent summer movie...but nothing special besides the special effects.

you figure after The Island and Hot Fuzz Michael Bay might want to try and improve just a little as a director but guess not..as long as he can keep doing these crappy summer FX flicks he'll have a career.

Megan Fox is super hot..have seen her in person a bunch and she looks just as good. The neg is shes been dating Brian Austin Green for the past 2 years.

In terms of Michael Bay's movies
1. The Rock
2. Armegeddon
3. Bad Boys
4. Bad Boys 2
5. Transformers
6. The Island
7. Pearl Harbor
Old 07-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

This movie was absolutely amazing, but the action scenes at the end kinda brought it down, I thought. Too close, too confusing, too long.

Lots of characters in the movie, and they're all juggled pretty well. Megan Fox is amazing, and I loved the surprising entrances of some familiar faces in bit roles (Anderson, Turturro)

Go see this movie in theaters, it may not translate as well to the small screen
Old 07-04-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this movie is basically the same as Pirates, Spiderman etc..dumbed down pg/pg-13 action scenes with really cool special effects, awful screenplay, terrible dialogue, and god awful directing by Michael Bay. All in all a decent summer movie...but nothing special besides the special effects.

you figure after The Island and Hot Fuzz Michael Bay might want to try and improve just a little as a director but guess not..as long as he can keep doing these crappy summer FX flicks he'll have a career.

Megan Fox is super hot..have seen her in person a bunch and she looks just as good. The neg is shes been dating Brian Austin Green for the past 2 years.

1. The Rock
2. Armegeddon
3. Bad Boys
4. Bad Boys 2
5. Transformers
6. The Island
7. Pearl Harbor

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Bay didn't direct "Hot Fuzz".

He did a good job on Transformers. Its a friggin' movie about cars that turn into robots; exactly how deep of a screenplay were you looking for?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. The Rock
2. Armegeddon
3. Bad Boys
4. Bad Boys 2
5. Transformers
6. The Island
7. Pearl Harbor

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie is better than everything on that list except possibly the rock. It is also about a million times better than Pirates 3 and a billion better than Spiderman 3.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM

how did he do a good job on transformers?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 PM

i do think this is his best movie.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how did he do a good job on transformers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The action was great. The CGI was seamless. He kept the story moving. What am I missing?

If you have problems with the script, that's another matter. He didn't write the thing.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:23 PM

was anyone put off by all the army and nsa stuff?

I can't really put my finger on it, but whenever the military people were fighting it almost felt like one of those be all that you can be commercials. join the army and you will be in this elite force and kick ass. America [censored] yea!!!! maybe i am just paranoid, but there seemed to be strong "our army rules" overtones.

i guess in order to use military equipment in movies you have to get the script and movie approved by a bunch of generals, so you can't ever paint a picture of the army that is THAT negative.

all in all pretty good movie though. Bay did a good job of telling a story from the point of view of the adolescent male (the definite target audience for this movie, in addition to people wanting to relive that period).

like others have said: sector 7 subplot was a bit off, action scenes shot too close up.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:39 PM

It was pretty [censored] awesome. A few things were dumb, whatever, its a summer action movie. If you went looking for gone with the wind you should never talk about movies ever again.

The worst part was definitely Anthony Anderson as a hacker. God that was [censored] retarded. Especially after watching kevin smith as a hacker in die hard last week.