Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Deep AAxx hand, $50PLO, spew or played correctly???

[ QUOTE ]
I know these types of players, the good ones don't go to showdown 38% of the time, and as a mathematical necessity their AF's have to be higher because they are folding at some point when they miss. Don't mistake a fish on a heater for a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm didnt you say he had been hitting a load of flops, or words to that effect?? well if you kept hitting flops your WTS would be high wouldnt it?? you cant have it both ways
Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm didnt you say he had been hitting a load of flops, or words to that effect?? well if you kept hitting flops your WTS would be high wouldnt it?? you cant have it both ways

[/ QUOTE ]

I said the deck was hitting him in the face, but that doesn't mean the flop, and from the rest of what I wrote, I had hoped to imply that he was willing to stack off with draws.

Your went to showdown will be high if the flop keeps hitting you, yes I agree, but it will also be high if you chase, right? If you have lower AF numbers, it would be more of the latter, correct? Maybe you think this guy wouldn't c-bet if the flop missed him? If so, I think I see where you and I are disagreeing on this hand.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This really is not the time to be doing this. 100BBs... ok. 200... not so much. If he really is an aggrodonk then finding a decent spot after you hit a flop shouldn't be too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fair point, but I managed to get this guy heads up when I thought I might have to play my aces for set value. Fish with big stacks often don't keep those stacks. If I feel its +EV, shouldn't I try to double up while I have him to myself?

When I posted the hand, it just happened, and while I was happy with 300BB pot, I was thinking "whoa, was this too reckless?" After sleeping on it, I don't think so, but maybe nice results have biased my opinion.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This really is not the time to be doing this. 100BBs... ok. 200... not so much. If he really is an aggrodonk then finding a decent spot after you hit a flop shouldn't be too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fair point, but I managed to get this guy heads up when I thought I might have to play my aces for set value. Fish with big stacks often don't keep those stacks. If I feel its +EV, shouldn't I try to double up while I have him to myself?

When I posted the hand, it just happened, and while I was happy with 300BB pot, I was thinking "whoa, was this too reckless?" After sleeping on it, I don't think so, but maybe nice results have biased my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isolation is definitely good, but 3-betting is usually the best way to do it. As the hand played out you were lucky to get isolated. Otherwise you might be in a [censored] spot where you're sandwiched with nothing but your aces and you could run into someone behind you with a real hand.