Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Deep AAxx hand, $50PLO, spew or played correctly???

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you LOLing? You horribly misplayed AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am LOL'ing because I am sure that this is not the worst way to play AA against this villian.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 AM

Whether or not it's the "worst" way to play AAxx here isn't relevant. Your flop play here is bad. You have virtually no outs to improve your hand, and little FE on the flop unless your opponent is packing complete air. It's too easy for him to show up with flush draws, straight draws, pair+draws, or sets here. What do you think he's getting it in with, KKQJ all red?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whether or not it's the "worst" way to play AAxx here isn't relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was relevant to Crushing Felt's post.

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop play here is bad. You have virtually no outs to improve your hand, and little FE on the flop unless your opponent is packing complete air. It's too easy for him to show up with flush draws, straight draws, pair+draws, or sets here. What do you think he's getting it in with, KKQJ all red?

[/ QUOTE ]

Much of this is irrevelant. Villian's raising range is wide. Villian's c-betting range is not much narrower. My Aces stand to be the best hand against a person who goes to showdown 38% of the time.

Once he shoves over my c/r, I think his range has been narrowed to stronger hands, but certainly not enough to fold getting 5 to 1.

Do you recommend a check fold, or a bet fold?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 AM

this isn't that bad a play, depending on what he'll 3bet. I play AA like this sometimes, hoping to pick up some fold equity on ugly flops against similar hands. He might be in there with AA and the flush draw but you did pick up a pair so you've got a little 4 out freeroll of your own. The final call is trivial.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:57 AM

This really isn't a good flop for you -- if you are going to stack off on this flop then you are going to stack off on most flops, so why not just go another bet preflop when you are likely ahead?

If I got this far I would probably take one off on the flop and see if he slows down.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This really isn't a good flop for you -- if you are going to stack off on this flop then you are going to stack off on most flops, so why not just go another bet preflop when you are likely ahead?

If I got this far I would probably take one off on the flop and see if he slows down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this flop is just nasty for you.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After about 100 hands, villian is running 66/40/1.86

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the reason i hate this play more than anything - anything less than an agro factor of around 2 is passive for PLO for example of the 10 players i have up on my external GT window, 7 are higher than 2, these are far from spewey tables i am playing

these players make all their money from being a maniac pre, then carefully picking their spots post flop when 1 of the tags decides to 'take a stand'

if his agro factor was like 15 or something then your play is reasonable, but as it stands hes played you like a cheap harmonica
Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this flop is just nasty for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't like the flop too much either. However, if Villian 3-bets any degree tighter than he open raises with regularly, my equity for that flop will normally increase instead of decrease. Admittedly, this is only the case when Villian and propokertools agree on what hands are good.

I don't have the hand history on this computer, but my hand was good on the flop and it held. Unfortunately, Villian left the table immediately after the hand.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these players make all their money from being a maniac pre, then carefully picking their spots post flop when 1 of the tags decides to 'take a stand'

[/ QUOTE ]

I know these types of players, the good ones don't go to showdown 38% of the time, and as a mathematical necessity their AF's have to be higher because they are folding at some point when they miss. Don't mistake a fish on a heater for a LAG.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:22 PM

This really is not the time to be doing this. 100BBs... ok. 200... not so much. If he really is an aggrodonk then finding a decent spot after you hit a flop shouldn't be too hard.