Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Actually, that was a bad title

Villain here is 26/12/2 and has the note 'doesn't semi bluff" he is a reg, but not a common one.

Note, this is 1/2 and we're kind of deep. Thoughts on how this was played?

1/2

SB ($502.15)
BB ($391.85)
Hero ($360.35)
MP ($66.40)
Button ($425.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP calls $8, Button calls $8, SB calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($34) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $54</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($142) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $86</font>, Hero calls $86.

River: ($314) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $100</font>, Hero calls $100.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Actually, that was a bad title

I dont c what ur ahead of on turn or river - maybe he was raising with an overpair on flop 6s-10s, but he prob doesnt bet that on turn and almost certainly not on the river. U say he doesnt semi-bluff, his amount doesnt seem like a semi-bluff and most draws check behind the turn. So unless u think he has a goofy two pair like 63s or 53s id fold turn prob, river is too tempting once uve got there but i still dont c too many average ssnlers making big thin value bets on boards like that.

edit: if i had a read that he overvalues overpairs, is a turn-betting monkey, is very aggro with draws or cant let go any tp, then id prob play it like u did or prob c/shove turn, but with no real reads except he doesnt seem like a semi-bluffer (plus his line doesnt look like a semi-bluff), its generally safe to assume that players at these stakes arent putting in a lot of money like this light, especially when they have position and they have the option of just checking behind.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Actually, that was a bad title

I don't see how we get away here. In villain's eyes, you raised UTG and are now calling him down on a really raggedy board. Why would he put you on better than one pair? How often does he put you on Axhh? How does villain view you at this point?

His betting, to me, looks like he has a medium pp and he's trying to get you out of the pot on the turn and value betting your A-hi on the river. The turn bet screams 77-99, imho. 12 77-88 combos, 3 99 combos.

Looking at your line, you shouldn't have a hand as strong as 2-pair and I think villain realizes this. I'm 80-90% calling here and, just to lighten up the mood around here, how often do we value-shove?

Edit to add: I'm an idiot and missed 78. Even though we don't think he's semi-bluffing, he shows up with 78 15-20% of the time. River call.