Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Stud/8 I think I misplayed

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds

6th Street - (7.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets $1 and is all-in
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

Looking over this hand I think 5th street is an obvious raise. As played 'm pretty sure 6th is definitely right. How thin/easy is the call on 4th?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Stud/8 I think I misplayed

Don't even think about folding 4th. 5th is a raise, once you didn't 6th is perfect.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 PM

You should have raised 3rd. You want to punish the worse low draw (initial raiser) as well as punish the T for calling. If he's such a fish that he calls there with anyting but TTT you have the equity to punish his sorry arse with a reraise right on there on 3rd.

On 4th the call is fine. A raise would be better, as you have reasonable equity in the hand and you'd very much like to get rid of seat 6, as well as set it up to where you may be able to take down the pot on the next street if you catch a good card.

Now, on 5th you have an opportunity to increase your chances even further by raising the diamonds, thereby forcing the Q5 and the initial razzy low raiser to call 2 cold. Your board is plenty threatening enough and your equity is good enough where it wouldn't be a complete disaster even if they all called.

The 6th st. raise was very good. The same concept that made that raise good would have made more aggression good earlier in the hand - you want to force people to make tough decisions via aggressive betting and maximize your chances to win half or all of the pot.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:42 AM

I would have made it two bets on third, but calling is OK. I think fourth is a definite peel. Good raise on sixth.