Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: 67s BB

anyone who folds this preflop getting 7/1 is a moron.

learn to play something other than AA/KK/AK, folks.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 AM

fold preflop
Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM

Let's see anyone's numbers where they call with 67s from the big blind for one bet and make money with less than 4 in the pot.

Ok I just put in t9s to 54s from the bb and put money in.

Out of 134k hands it shows up 126 times. With 4 in the pot its now 107 times with a bet on the flop its no zero.

So this is a rare situation at the best of it.

But this is one of the leaks I closed recently, as I may play 109s and 98s here 67s came up 14 times and I lost .84 bb/hand.

I play for super hits when in the CO or Button but in BB its a toss for me. If in bb I need 4 others at least if I have to call a bet.

Its obvious the argument is you are getting in for half the bet here from the bb but position kills you on this hand unless you hit a 117 to 1 flush or 49 to 1 to hit both for pairs or 28 to 1 that you hit a straight. Sure I get 30% chance to flop a pair but as is this case here what can I do with it?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see anyone's numbers where they call with 67s from the big blind for one bet and make money with less than 4 in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I am at work so cant check my DB now.

But I know that I am up 300-400 BB when calling suited junk in the BB getting 5:1 or better. That is a winrate of about 0.3BB/hand with more than 1000 trials.

I am fairly confident that suited good hands like 76s, 96s 64s does even better.

I am sorry sir but you are way way way of. Really!

This is a significant mistake to fold here. I am guessing that 76s makes the same in this spot as AJo does in the CO. (Taken out of my ass, so take it FWIW)
Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 PM

"anyone who folds this preflop getting 7/1 is a moron."

little harsh,....lets just say is a stone cold nit.....

clear call preflop,clear fold on the flop unless they all passif and the raiser preflop is weak tight(wich means he wouldnt raise this bet on flop unless he got a big hand wich u know u will fold on the turn unless u hit big..)
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM

The mistake if it is one is definitely not significant, it hasn't happened enough.

I play suited connectors from the big blind many times and I make money on it. But with 3 seeing the pot and having to call a raise its a big loser. With 4 seeing the pot 87s and down are losers.

When I see solid lines of disparity like this where suited connectors below are huge losers and those above are huge winners I have to know it may be variance but my gut tells me otherwise.

I am not comfortable playing 67s in the bb for one bet with 3 others in the pot. As I said it doesn't happen much.

If I am asleep and do play it and it gets donked by sb who is a nit and the preflop raiser is a nit as well, I raise when I have a pair.

Happened once by the way. Had flush draw and top pair. SB won with two pair. Oh well.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
totally agree but its the only hope of playing for one bet. This hand isn't worth playing for more than that, hence the reason that I don't play it with one raiser and one caller and one maybe caller. 22% preflop equity with 3 others isn't enough to warrant a call

Its a fold preflop. I need 4 more in the pot for me to play 67s especially when I have to act early after the flop.

But I made the loose call anyways. So is a call any good sandwiched between PFR and donker? Both can have better hands than me. I am pretty sure one does.

I need to draw. I have about 6 outs. I have a play for free card which has to work 1 in 5 for it to pan out. If it fails I lose .5 bb on the flop more than a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t see why call/call-1 is such a bad option in this particular case. There is enough equity with the BDF, trips, 2-pair hands to put in SBs. If I am behind to just SB and MP3 has OC I want MP2/MP3 to help pad the pot not push them out. If I am behind to SB and MP3 I’d like to know and MP3 will surely raise w/an OP.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 PM

putting my foot in the mouth again, its not a bad option its just not as good as a raise for me.

I play aggressively, its my style and it works. The range of the donker is huge, the range of the preflop caller is not big but there is a good chance he missed here.

Will he fold? My guess is he will with a lot of holdings and he will raise with the rest. I don't think he calls two here often.

If I call and he calls I now have no clue where I am at, I have to hit the turn to warrant continuing and I would rather give either of the two the opportunity to make a bad decision rather than play passively.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The mistake if it is one is definitely not significant

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is. You dont fold AJo in the CO when its folded to you either do you?

if you dont play in that spot you cant possibly have empirical evidence that calling is -EV.

So when every book and every good player tells you to call, does it not worry you that you might fold to much?

Every good player I know would call 74s in that spot and 76o as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM

Is there any "guide" with which hands i can profitable call at big blind at maltiway pot?