Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Default 6max LP table line check w SC\'s

Button is 53/2/.48 after 140 hands
SB is 33/0/.30 after 64 hands
Hero is BB
UTG is 48/0/.24 after 31 hands
MP is 62/.25/.59 after 53 hands
CO is 48/.30/1.28 after 27 hands

Obviously very passive and loose table. Real reads were very hard thats why I put in the stats. I didn't trust any range I tried to put any of them on.

This OK?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Preflop I didn't see any value in raising against these passive players. Anybody disagree?

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Button calls.

I don't know. Lead? c/r? What would you do.

Turn: (5.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Partly Cbet, partly because the turn A makes my tens a little stronger, partly semi bluff, maybe value with the flush drw against this many- I haven't stoved it.

River: (8.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

The river card didn't change anything but I changed my line because I am now hoping to see showdown for one after missing the FD. OK? Can't figure out what they have and they aren't folding.

These loose passive tables are fun and pay good but sometimes hard for me to get it right with no good reads [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: 6max LP table line check w SC\'s

on the flop, I check/fold. The pot is not large at all and this fact alone leads me to believe that you will either win a small pot or lose a big one.

overall though: check/fold &gt; lead &gt; check/raise

Given how the flop was played, I bet. I would bet because the range of hands that would be checked behind are far too threatening, in the range I include K and Q high flush draws, straight draws, and with these draws alone, they can draw live against my pair of tens. So the bet is nice, good value.

You might as well bet the river, they are passive so a raise from them and u can muck with ease, they will sometimes call with a better hand but they will also call with a worse hand. The caveat is that they would check the worse hands and bet the better ones, so overall I would rather bet than check.

My guesses as to their holdings: UTG has an ace, BTN has something like 88 or 99.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM

as played, you have to bet the river. the whole point of your line is that you have the best hand some significant % of the time, so squeeze off that last bet. you have an easy decision if you get raised anyway.

unless you have a read that button will take a stab if checked to, i think it's better to just lead the flop. as goodnews points out, the pot is quite small. leading lays your opponents 5:1, which makes it a mistake for them to call with most of their hands.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:02 PM

:g:
I don't see any reson to raise this flop. Leading middle pair on an A high board against 4 is probably bad too.

As played you might as well bet the river if you intend to call (as played I dont think that calling UTG is very profitable. He called down on that board (the 3 probably didnt help him) with something and that something is an A 95% for a passive player).

[edit] didnt notice it was 6-max [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [/edit]
Old 10-05-2007, 04:19 PM

I play this passive all the way through. If button was more aggressive, I could see a flop c/r. Against a lp, he probably has you beat, and probably isn't folding. Once UTG c/c's two, your hand is no good. I c/c turn and c/f river.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:21 PM

I never ever c/r this flop. I check, but I call.

Bona, the pot is 5.4 bets. 6.4 when you call. Name me 1 hand behind you that you want to face with two bets instead of 1 bet.

"Play passive in small pots and aggro in big pots". You want to protect your hand in a 12 bet pot, in a 5 bet pot you want villains to in bets with worse hands.

You loose on the river btw. Dont over call. C/f would be my play
Old 10-05-2007, 08:37 PM

fold river

1 might bluff but 2 when they both call a raise on flop and bet on turn?

no way,u dont have evn the best second pair there,like KT....fold
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 PM

donk flop or call but not a check raise. I prefer the donk myself.

Probably get called, donk turn if I get called I have to check/fold the river
Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do u prefer c/c over leading?
Old 10-06-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do u prefer c/c over leading?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont expect it to get checked through very often.

If I check I get to let go of my hand if it goes bet - raise behind me

If someone has an A checking &gt; betting as I prevent getting raised and it might even get checked through

There is not a whole lot of worse hands that will call. Granted there is some broadway straight draws we dont want to give free cards to, but as I said: Its prolly get bet for me anyways.

I cant prove that check &gt; bet here. But its the way I play and I am fairly confident that betting and raising with marginal hands on dry boards in tiny pots is suboptimal