Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Teacher student situation at college

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks the teacher is out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just that there are responses to others being out of line that don't involve being a whiny bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I agree with the kid. Seriously sick and tired of having teachers act like they are above students in the class. The students pay the teacher, the teacher shouldn't treat them disrespectfully. Good for the kid.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This guys stands absolutely no chance in life if he's this much of a little bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks the teacher is out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just that there are responses to others being out of line that don't involve being a whiny bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I agree with the kid. Seriously sick and tired of having teachers act like they are above students in the class. The students pay the teacher, the teacher shouldn't treat them disrespectfully. Good for the kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

The teacher is treating the student with as much respect as he is given by the student. Oh noes, chalk might make my clothes get a white spot on it!

Edit-

Move this crap to the dorm.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:43 PM

I had a professor who would chalk students that were sleeping. everyone found it amusing and the sleeping student found it mildly embarrassing.

one of the stories that still floats around my high school is when one of the teachers threw a piece of chalk at some student who was being disruptive. he slammed his head down on his desk, surreptitiously removed his false teeth, began moaning as if in pain, and looked up to expose his gap. the teacher absolutely lost her [censored].
Old 11-22-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just today one of my friends had something quite odd happen to him at a pretty well respected university that he attends. From what I understand, he was sitting in class while the instructor was lecturing and had his textbook open and was looking at it. Supposedly the teacher asks the class a question and while waiting for someone to answer it, she glances over, sees my friend looking in his book and assumes he isn't paying attention. She throws a piece of chalk across the room which grazes his cheek and hits the blackboard behind him. He asks the instructior if she just threw chalk at him and she says something to the effect of yes because you weren't paying attention. He then left the class without saying anything else and reported it to campus security who took down a report and will apparently will take it to the dean on Monday (because of the thanksgiving break).

Has something similar ever happened to anyone here? What kind of legal action, if any, could be taken? He now has to wait the entire weekend to figure this out and he his wondering what is going to happen. All replies are appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Give me a break. It's one thing if you just wanted to get the professor in trouble, but if he is actually thinking of suing I hope something bad happens to him. Grow some balls and stop being a puss.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:20 PM

What forum is this?

Just to make it feel like it fits here: Ron Paul