Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Hired an Interior Designer

A few thoughts:

1. The stripes in person totally rule. Three of the biggest anti-stripe people who have seen it in person all absolutely love it. I don't know that the pictures do it justice.

2. The floor works great.

3. We should've had more paint variation. The colors look different when on the striped wall. However, there are several walls that are different colors, but look like the same color. That's a little overwhelming. More defined differences would've been better.

4. The window treatments will I think make a big difference.

5. We are talking about staining the bannister rail and upstairs cabinet the same (similar) color as the floor.

6. I am definitely going to re-do the kitchen cabinets at some point. I have a great friend who owns a custom cabinet company. That's likely a late 2008 project.

7. I'll post a photo later of an updated living room. Half is mostly done, the other half (custom wine cabinet, table, chairs, etc) won't be done for another 3 weeks or so. In that, you'll see that I overruled the designer and put the more funtional couch (for the location) in that space over the less functional (but better look/fit for the space) couch.

8. Not sure I like the wood floor in the family/TV room yet. Doesn't really work great with the tile, and the room seems to lose some warmth. But, we don't have a rug in there yet (I can post a photo of the winner) so my opinion may change.

9. The master bedroom is going to look hot once the new furniture in. The paint in that room looks good. New window treatments and furniture will totally rock that space.

10. I totally understand those who don't like the stripes. In person i think they look really outstanding.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Hired an Interior Designer

The light up molding is pretty superfly.