Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 02:48 PM

Default 10-20 hand: How many bets do you go?

4 handed 10-20 online on small site. Uncapped betting on heads up streets.

Villain is a total fish, is prone to random acts of aggression but is generally very loose and very passive. He is capable of playing any two, but not a total idiot postflop, i.e. will not peel with a single overcard or bottom pair no kicker on co-ordinated boards.

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG calls, all fold to me.

2 to the flop ($24): K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, villain checks.
<font color="blue"> Flame the slowplay if you want, but if I check there he will automatically assume that I do not have a K and call me down with any piece of the board; he will fold any unpaired hand or any hand with no spades, but pay me off on later streets with any hand that makes a pair or picks up a draw on the turn (i.e. clubs).</font>

2 to the turn ($24): (K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, villain calls.

2 to the river ($64): (K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, villain raises, I 3-bet, Villain 4-bets. How many more bets are going in? Villain isn't giving off any timing tells.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Default EDIT

EDIT: I obviously didn't have the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in my hand; there was a spade draw on the flop, so make my hand K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: 10-20 hand: How many bets do you go?

Am I missing something? Are you really that worried that he has K7? It may be a leak of mine, but I strongly consider going to the felt here with the second nuts.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something? Are you really that worried that he has K7? It may be a leak of mine, but I strongly consider going to the felt here with the second nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm asking, sir. After how many bets from a passive fish do you start to back off? 10? 15?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:51 PM

You should go a lot of bets because he could easily have been slowplaying 66 or a Kx hand. When do you worry about K7? Very read dependent, and it could be in the 10-12 bet range or it could be never if the guy is prone to tilting or just being retarded with less than the nuts on the river.

One small note is that you should be willing to go several more bets if you have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], as that eliminates all possible K7s hands, unless the guy is so loose that K7o is certainly in his preflop UTG limp range.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 PM

I guess the final answer depends on how many bets you think he'd put in with an under-full, a backdoored flush, or even the case K for trips. Like I said, I probably go to the felt here.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:02 PM

This seems like a good place to fastplay the flop. A KK6 flop w/2 spades leaves him with a lot of ways to interpret you're flop bet. Did you donk a flush draw? How bout a total bluff? He could call you down w/A high or feel that you've got a 6 and he's got 6 outs and 2 draws. You described him as loose and passive so why not let him do what he does best and call.

I think you can go at least 5 bets and probably 7. If he goes 8 bets I think you can call and hope he's got 77, 66 or K2
Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a good place to fastplay the flop. A KK6 flop w/2 spades leaves him with a lot of ways to interpret you're flop bet. Did you donk a flush draw? How bout a total bluff? He could call you down w/A high or feel that you've got a 6 and he's got 6 outs and 2 draws. You described him as loose and passive so why not let him do what he does best and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this particular villain would have folded Ax on the flop, unless he had the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Very ABC player.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can go at least 5 bets and probably 7. If he goes 8 bets I think you can call and hope he's got 77, 66 or K2

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should go a lot of bets because he could easily have been slowplaying 66 or a Kx hand. When do you worry about K7? Very read dependent, and it could be in the 10-12 bet range or it could be never if the guy is prone to tilting or just being retarded with less than the nuts on the river.

One small note is that you should be willing to go several more bets if you have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], as that eliminates all possible K7s hands, unless the guy is so loose that K7o is certainly in his preflop UTG limp range.

[/ QUOTE ]

K7o is def in his PF limp range, esp. 4 handed.

Without revealing what happened, I decided his river raise meant at minimum a slowplayed K-broadway and 4-bets was minimum a backdoor flush he just decided was the stone cold nutz.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Bet the flop.