Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]
I know chess players are using aspirin, dilutes the blood or something similar and hence increases blood flow to the brain, and some amphetamines for endurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The aspirin would only work if you were somehow able to make sure that the number of red blood cells in a given volume of blood stayed constant. If all the dilution of the blood does is increase the level of plasma or whatever, you most likely are actually getting less oxygen to any give brain cell in the same time frame. For chess playing use of any heavy amphetamines may make things worse. Think back to the last time you saw anyone on meth maintain a sophisticated line of thought for any length of time. Mild doses may help, but drinking caffeine would be about the same.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 AM

I always think I am playing the best when I'm completely sober. smoking weed is nuetral or thin +EV. Playing on benzos or opium is waaaaay -EV.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i smoke the most while I gamble...I wont be able to quit without significantly cutting down on poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicotine is one of the few chemical compounds on the planet that has been shown through research to enable the synapses to fire at a faster rate. Basically chaining while playing poker actually enables you to think better and analyze the flow of information faster. The downside of this is that while most people don't realize that they are thinking better while they are under the influence of nicotine they do notice that performance has decreased when performing the same activity without nicotine and since humans have a distinct tendency to develop a strong psychological addiction to things that enhance our performance in those activities in which we regularly engage, we are much less likely to give up the substance and suffer that lack of performance.

So does anybody think that I should get the custom title of "Walking Encyclopedia"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 AM

my biggest leak is playing a session even though i know im going to run bad, and i do. quite a few coolers for over 2 buyin pots.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always think I am playing the best when I'm completely sober. smoking weed is nuetral or thin +EV. Playing on benzos or opium is waaaaay -EV.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i smoke the most while I gamble...I wont be able to quit without significantly cutting down on poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicotine is one of the few chemical compounds on the planet that has been shown through research to enable the synapses to fire at a faster rate. Basically chaining while playing poker actually enables you to think better and analyze the flow of information faster. The downside of this is that while most people don't realize that they are thinking better while they are under the influence of nicotine they do notice that performance has decreased when performing the same activity without nicotine and since humans have a distinct tendency to develop a strong psychological addiction to things that enhance our performance in those activities in which we regularly engage, we are much less likely to give up the substance and suffer that lack of performance.

So does anybody think that I should get the custom title of "Walking Encyclopedia"?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play way too LAG after a couple lines of blow
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 AM

I can't sit still in my chair long enough to play cards after doing blow
Old 10-10-2007, 05:04 AM

have fun with my money at 25nl on FT...tilting so hard right now, I can't win a big hand to save my life. Running over 200 below expected in the last 2500 hands.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:26 AM

I haven't put in any hands for a few days [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Debating whether to spend my PSO bonuses on a new iPod or Cardrunners (requires minimum 6 month subscription if I pay through Stars)
Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 AM

Been surfing the forums for two hours straight. I'll be glad when class is over. Why the hell do I come here anyways?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:37 AM

hello hello,

I am looking at getting into coaching and would like to give a FREE 90 minute session to 2 students (1 on 1 sessions so 3 hours overall for me). The sessions will like consist of a 45 minute sweat, a review afterwards and finally we can discuss any concepts you would like to talk about.

Little history about me...

I started playing 25NL at the end of May and am currently at 400NL with a view to being at NL1000 by christmas. I recently went pro and consider myself a very driven player and would like to help a couple of uNLers with their game. All i ask is that you review my performance in the uNL/SSNL coaching thread when we are done and i want you to be completely honest (i won't hunt you down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Here's my progress since the micros

PM me if interested

P.S positive people only please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread