Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: MSNL \"College\" thread

[ QUOTE ]
philosophy. not my major, but i am good at bullshitting and some of the stuff is actually interesting to me- it's where i've spent most of my electives; relgion and science, contemporary moral issues, stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the religion suggestion. ive never never been a fan of phiosophy as it's just rehashed topics exercised by bloviating frat-tards sitting in a circle.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
philosophy. not my major, but i am good at bullshitting and some of the stuff is actually interesting to me- it's where i've spent most of my electives; relgion and science, contemporary moral issues, stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the religion suggestion. ive never never been a fan of phiosophy as it's just rehashed topics exercised by bloviating frat-tards sitting in a circle.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, no, not rly - if done poorly it's like this
Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in a similar case to Gary Stevenson, 'cept I have heard from the University that 3 semesters in a row skipped means having to re-enroll, and thats bad at a nice school like UGA. Soo, even tho I am robusto and poker will be legalized in 6 months I'm back to taking classes in the spring because, well, UGA is worth it.

Unfortunately I have no [censored] clue what to study. I'm speaking to a history advisor in a week because that was the major I had when I stopped taking classes, but at this point I've lost faith in a lot of subjects. This includes business, history, journalism, economics.

Any ideas of classes I might like? KingDan suggested psychology, but I think that will require a lot of reading and I really suck at that. Maybe statistics? Comp sci? *shrug

Clayton / University of Georgia / Risk-Management (coin flipping, and you!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into your education with the attitude that it is a waste of time and not interesting is a real good way to waste a lot of time and money. If you don't want to read, you just aren't going to find college worth it.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 PM

David?/Stonybrook University/Information systems
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I know your probably kidding but man are you wrong if you think that you won't come across ideas and facts that will hit you like a brick and leave you stunned and somewhat awed.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Chou/georgetown/econ
I'm in London now though, studying abroad. 2p2 happy hour anyone?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Triumph/Requin: I was half-kidding, philosophy is a cool introductory course but I'm just not interested in it enough.

xorbie: when I'm interested in something i read lots about the subject. i know for a fact i wouldnt read lots of books on psychology, tho religion sounds interesting enough that i may read some stuff on it.

in terms of "getting an education" i may be wasting my time however my end goal is the degree more than anything else to satisfy numerous family and social needs. so in that respect, and my general appreciation of money, I would say I'm not wasting my money a bit =)
Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 PM

i agree with so much of that last paragraph clayton. its almost like you cant afford not to go back to school. im in same boat.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:46 PM

requin, thats pretty ghey
Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
requin, thats pretty ghey

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's right.

Clay,

Don't ever take an intro course. The best way to introduce yourself to a subject is to take a class meant for Juniors/Seniors. I don't know how hard this is at UGA but UIUC is a similarly large state school and I never had a problem with it. If you think religion is cool, you will probably find either sociology or philosophy (or both) interesting. If you take a class on philosophy or sociology that is "___ 101" you are going to end up feeling like you are in a high school remedial class.