Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Can\'t win at FT, need help..

I dont want to post a bunch of bad beat HHs, but I have come to the conclusion that I cant win at FT. I dont know if I cant get use to ante/BI structure, or what but I am consistently losing. Which is far different from the consistent winning I am use to on Pokerroom. To be honest, I dont really want to play there anymore, I really dont like the site for stud. I have an account at UB, where I dont play often, but the structure is close to PR so I think I could win if there were ever any decent games going.

I am desperately looking for a new site. ANyone that knows sites that run 3/6, 5/10, 6/12 or 10/20 consistently, could you please post what sites they are.

Also, I really dont want an acct at PS because of lack of unmentionable and bonuses, but I am wondering if the amount of games running is reason to sign up? Should I play at PS regardless?

Please, any help with finding new stud sites now that us Americans are locked out of a bunch will be greatly appreciated.

Worm
Old 11-16-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Can\'t win at FT, need help..

Worm - What limits are you generally playing at FTP? I play there a lot, and find it extremely profitable. Of course, I have no problem with 2p2ers leaving [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but it might just be bad variance more than anything. If you want to shoot me your username via PM or whatever, I can have a look in my PT database and see what hands/notes I have on you, and maybe help you out a bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And to be honest...for a US player, there's not much else out there that I can think of. Stars has a decent amount of games as you said, and I've found it to be relatively soft, once you get to know the players there you can profit very well, I know me and BT Irish used to kill on a regular basis(although I haven't played there recently).

Maybe someone else can offer advice, as I am not American, so I haven't actively hunted down new sites, and stick to my non-US goldmines [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Absolute I've heard has more games going, I dont know too much about UB as I hate the software for Stud so don't play there.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:57 PM

I play .25/.50 stud on UB. There's usually a full table or two up, but I haven't really payed any attention to the higher limit stud games. Also, UB just added HORSE, HOSE, HO, STUD 8/b, and Razz.

I play 2/4, 3/6 Razz on PS and there are always games. Also, the 2/4, 3/6 limit games are very easy to beat on PS. I haven't tried out the 5/10 yet, but I will be there within the next few weeks if I keep on winning in 3/6. They have several stud games going on too.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble at FTP. I agree with MrBlueNose that it's likely just bad variance and I too would hate to see a 2+2 stud player bolt.

As I've previously posted on a couple of occasions, I 've been playing FTP for about six weeks now and have done very well. This is probably due to some good variance, but I have also learned to adapt my game pretty well to the ante/BI/completion structure in the 1/2, 3/6 and 5/10 games. (I think the 2/4 structure is a crap-shoot and avoid this game completely.)

Perhaps I can offer you some advice off-line and will PM you.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:25 PM

Worm,

I'm like BlueNose, I play at FTP there a lot & most of the time, usually do well. With FT, IMO, you have sooooo many weak stud players on that site, that its easy to make money. The catch is to be tight but aggressive. Some of these players will gladly call you all the way to the river on ANY kind of draw. BUT, when they catch on you, it usually hurts because if you're aggressive like you should be, then the pot is substantial. Remember, when the fish pool up, it attracts sharks. So, be careful.

IMO, these players must be holdem players because of some of the plays they make scream holdem. They're also non-believers. Or they are brain dead because when someone shows you the nutz 20 times in a row...he's not bluffing the river the 21st time either.

I can't offer to run any stats for you like BlueNose because I don't use any kind of software, only the noodle between my ears. Too old school I guess...

But, I would encourage you too stick with FTP a while longer because of the dead money laying around the stud tables over there. Ask questions. Post hand histories that you thought you played well but still lost. Remember stud variance is a b*tch.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:00 PM

Maybe Ill give it another whirl. I think Im just pissed cause I miss PR soooo much. Im suprised you guys dont like UB, I find their layout more soothing than FT with all those stupid avatars. Plus their structure makes more sense to me. Just no games. I think since FT is one of my only option ill have to stick with it, but that doesnt mean I have to like it.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Ill give it another whirl. I think Im just pissed cause I miss PR soooo much. Im suprised you guys dont like UB, I find their layout more soothing than FT with all those stupid avatars. Plus their structure makes more sense to me. Just no games. I think since FT is one of my only option ill have to stick with it, but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can turn off the avatars and make a black background. That helps the FT experience immensely.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can turn off the avatars and make a black background. That helps the FT experience immensely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:27 PM

Worm, don't take this the wrong way, but the ante & bring in structure at full tilt doesn't have anything to do with you winning a hand or not.

A couple of questions spring to mind:

1. Do you multi-table?
2. Is there a certain player(s) or levels that you seem to have problems beating or is it everybody in general?
3. How experienced are you at stud (live or online)?
4. Read any stud books?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worm, don't take this the wrong way, but the ante & bring in structure at full tilt doesn't have anything to do with you winning a hand or not.

A couple of questions spring to mind:

1. Do you multi-table?
2. Is there a certain player(s) or levels that you seem to have problems beating or is it everybody in general?
3. How experienced are you at stud (live or online)?
4. Read any stud books?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)No
2)Not really. AT Pokerroom I started at 1/2, quickly moved to 2/4, took me a little bit at 4/8 and 6/12 to build enough, but after beating that frequently, I went for 10/20 which was very beatable at PR. I beat that enought to build a BR to take a shot at 25/50 and had very good success there when it was running, but it didnt run often and with enough people. I just started playing 25/50 in October and now that its shut off to Americans I cant play at all there.
3) Very little live, I find it too slow when I do go an play and wish I was online. Been playing online for 3 years now, but mostly stud for 1.5 years.
4)7CSFAP and theory of poker

Dont take this the wrong way, but Ante and BI structure may not be the difference btw winning and losing a single hand, that is true, but the players play a little differently than they do at PR because of the Ante and BI structure. I have to loosen up in some spots and tighten in others based on structure. That will effect my overall winrate Im pretty sure.