Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Perfect MCAT score?

To the best of my knowledge, I took the test 3 years ago, at that time, no one ever in the history of the MCAT scored a perfect 45. Like others have alluded, some years it was literally impossible. I still have a lot of friends applying and it would no doubt spread like wildfire when some kid (no doubt asian or indian) came in and was like "bitches i just got a 45 on that mother [censored]. eat a dick. "

I haven't heard this yet, so it hasn't happened.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:41 PM

I don't understand how it can be "impossible" to get a perfect score. I think a "perfect score" would simply mean the highest score within the possible score range.

As in, if you get all the questions right, you got a perfect score, regardless of what that score it or what the test-makers say a perfect score is.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how it can be "impossible" to get a perfect score. I think a "perfect score" would simply mean the highest score within the possible score range.

As in, if you get all the questions right, you got a perfect score, regardless of what that score it or what the test-makers say a perfect score is.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would be wrong. there is a maximum score for the test. every once in a while, someone gets closer to the maximum. it is within the realm of possibility to achieve the maximum score. it has never happened. therefore, it is possible to score the maximum, but has never happened, and is highly unlikely.

think about flipping a coin 1000 times. it is possible to get a perfect 1000 flips in which the coin lands on heads every time. it is nearly impossible. someone who does it 980 times in a row, doesn't have a perfect score because they have the highest amount. 1000 in a row is still theh perfect score.

edit - the test isn't multiple choice, so no one has gotten all the questions right.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit - the test isn't multiple choice, so no one has gotten all the questions right.

[/ QUOTE ]

apart from the writing section, yes it is
Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 PM

as has been said the "perfect" score changes from year to year, and I'm not sure if anyone would know whether or not their score was the highest for that year...

shameless brag - i got a 35

beat/possible brag - match day is tomorrow...wish me luck
Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Brag - 40-42 (13-15 verbal, 13 physics/chem, 14 bio/org chem)

I rock at standardized tests (perfect 240 PSAT) and I studied really hard for this - 45 is practically impossible. This guy sounds like a winner.

Good luck Roan - what residency are you aiming for?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly highly highly doubt it. The highest MCAT score I know among my peers is a 35, and that's from someone who graduated Summa Cum Laude from UCLA. I also have heard a friend of a friend of a friend got a 38, but that was just a rumor. 1000x harder than 1600 on SAT? I doubt it. I can count 7 people I know and call out my name that got 1600 back in the days when it was out of 1600. In my school alone there were like 15 people out of 2000 that got a perfect score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, my wife got a 36.. i know a couple people who scored about that. I've heard of a friend of a friend who got a 42.. that's the highest i've ever heard of.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 PM

I got this off a resume the other day:

[ QUOTE ]

Department Advanced Research Project Agency

8/1979 – 10/1987 Defense Dept., Telecoms, Oxnard CA
DARPA experimental ACA/IBM digital systems
System Administrator
Unclassified description - first computing, data processing, OCR, IBM card send/receive, paper tape send, magnetic tape reception, cryptography, narrative handling minimal TS clearance for Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, and above categories. Network/IIS, automatically in store system web contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice, the "D" in DARPA stands for Defense not Department, but he claims to have worked there for 8 years and was involved in first computing back in '79, lawl.

I truly believe that the creator of the resume is mentally ill (seriously). I send out a questionnaire when I get a resume and his answers didn't make any sort of logical sense at all.

Check out this question (bolded, his answer italicized)
12. How many years experience do you have as a Systems Administrator ( in
general )?

3 in federal Telecoms Point Mugu CA applied to every use since, making perpetual into Microsoft school making MCSA attainable. Attainable? Put "all" former "DOS" engineering knowledge portions into Microsoft, Unix/Linux, Citrix, AIX, Cisco, etc. perspective. No one is exclusive, just semantics.

Point being... people lie on their resumes constantly.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 PM

i'm in medical school so take whatever i say for its worth....the question if anyone has gotten a perfect score on the MCAT has came up numerous times when i was taking in the Kaplan center....and to this date NO ONE has EVER scored a perfect score (45)....the highest score kaplan knows of is a 43...
Old 03-14-2007, 07:37 PM

Wow.