Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST season 3 premiere thread

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing the level of sophistication of the Others' civilization makes me wonder why they were barefoot and dirty when Eko and Jin saw them walk by in the jungle. I don't think it was an act as they couldn't have known they were walking within 5 feet of Eko and Jin, could they?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is where "learn how to watch tv" comes into play. They were wearing costumes. That couldn't have been made any more obvious.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Others have not killed any survivors (assuming that all those they kidnapped are still alive).

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they kill scott/steve one night when they were protecting Claire? They supposedly came from the water?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Others have not killed any survivors (assuming that all those they kidnapped are still alive).

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Goodwin kill the dude who Ana-Lucia threw in the pit? And Ethan certainly tried to kill Charlie, right ??
Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if they sent michael to assasinate AL, then that would be one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing the level of sophistication of the Others' civilization makes me wonder why they were barefoot and dirty when Eko and Jin saw them walk by in the jungle. I don't think it was an act as they couldn't have known they were walking within 5 feet of Eko and Jin, could they?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is where "learn how to watch tv" comes into play. They were wearing costumes. That couldn't have been made any more obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the question is more along the lines of "why were they wearing costumes if they didn't know they were going to be seen by people to confuse with said costumes." Of course the obvious answers are that they knew there may be the slightest chance they may be seen i.e. they always wear them when they are away from their home base/village.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem...

Of course, it could still be argued that the "raggedly" others are not the same others that have captured Jack and crew...

Ray
Old 10-05-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, they don't know if there are survivors or not at the time of the crash. Gale says "there may actually be survivors".

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is a nitpick, but I don't think he said "actually."

If I witnessed a jet splitting in half a few thousand feet up in the air, I don't think it would occur to me that someone might survive it. I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
The exact quote is "there may actually be survivors". I just rewatched that part.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, they don't know if there are survivors or not at the time of the crash. Gale says "there may actually be survivors".

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is a nitpick, but I don't think he said "actually."

If I witnessed a jet splitting in half a few thousand feet up in the air, I don't think it would occur to me that someone might survive it. I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
The exact quote is "there may actually be survivors". I just rewatched that part.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. Odd choice of words.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Juliet is this actress. She is famous for doing some pretty hot lesbo scenes with Angelina Jolie in the movie Gia (download them if you haven't seen the movie).

IMDB Link

Also, Juliet was leafing through a big stack of papers, but Jack couldn't see any of them. There is nothing that she said about him that the Others couldn't have learned from Michael and other Losties when questioned. For example, What he does for a living, where he went to med school. He even told Juliet his father died in Sydney, so the part about having the autopsy report could be BS as well.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 PM

Let's also not forget Ethan tried to kill Charlie by hanging him early in season one.