Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Shuffler opens accidently with muck on top

I don't play live as much as some people on this board, but it's the first time I've seen this one.

Lastnight at Jackson Rancheria we're on the flop and the dealer is pulling in the folds and shoving them into the muck when the shuffle machine opens. I wasn't looking directly at her so I don't know what triggered it, but I'm sure her finger/hand brushed the green button as she was pulling cards in.

Here's the thing: the muck was right on top and flipped all the cards faceup. Seats 1,2,3,4&5 (I was in seat 5) had a good look at the muck. Seat 1 happened to still be in the hand and had a very clear view of the whole pile.

Dealer did what she could to keep the cards behind the lid until she could close the machine and continue dealing as if nothing happened.

Nobody said a word and I didn't speak up because a) I rarely talk at the table, and b) I wasn't in the hand.

Had I been in the hand I'd have probably called for the floor. What would be the floor's move at that point?

Onaflag..........

ps...can't kick her in the nuts because she hasn't got any. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Shuffler opens accidently with muck on top

sounds like an honest mistake

floor would probably show all exposed cards to everyone still in the hand and continue, too late to redeal

what limit was this?
Old 12-23-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what limit was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 NL.

Onaflag.........
Old 12-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Dealer was a moron for putting muck on top of shuffler for reasons that should be all too obvious.

AB
Old 12-23-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer was a moron for putting muck on top of shuffler for reasons that should be all too obvious.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

The muck has to go someplace. I find a common placement of the shuffle machines (to the dealer's left) to be in the way because it is where the muck goes.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

The muck has to go someplace. I find a common placement of the shuffle machines (to the dealer's left) to be in the way because it is where the muck goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that shuffle masters open on any error (likely what happened here with the OP). Any dealer working with these should know not to place the muck, pot, burns, stub, or community cards on the lid. Its not like they only open rarely... it should be dealt with in the dealers training/processes.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that shuffle masters open on any error (likely what happened here with the OP). Any dealer working with these should know not to place the muck, pot, burns, stub, or community cards on the lid. Its not like they only open rarely... it should be dealt with in the dealers training/processes.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do not open on any error. There might be a way to set them up to do this, but they red light on any error and some errors require that they be pried open. I have never seen one open without the dealer pressing either the red or greeen button.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They do not open on any error. There might be a way to set them up to do this, but they red light on any error and some errors require that they be pried open. I have never seen one open without the dealer pressing either the red or greeen button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have had the machine pop open without the button being pressed, but it just pops up a little and doesn't fully open. If cards were on top of it, it might expose the indexes of a card or two, but not the sort of mess described in the original post.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:44 PM

I've always seen shuffle masters on the dealer's RIGHT.

Put the muck on the LEFT.

Doh.

AB
Old 12-23-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always seen shuffle masters on the dealer's RIGHT.

Put the muck on the LEFT.

Doh.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is it on the table? Normally there is no room on the right becasue that is where the drop box goes.