Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $162.85
UTG: $87.40
MP: $36.15
CO: $27
Hero (BTN): $50.75
SB: $53.55

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $3.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.25</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $11.75, CO calls $11.75

Flop: ($46) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $11.50</font>,

I think it's pretty obvious that I want this all in with the short stack, but how does the deep stack effect the action?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Interesting decision with a shortie

This is tough, its impossible to deem what hes up to, but I will take the check for weakness and put my money in and pray utg folds. You 3bet and hit your money card, i think its gotta go in anyways. Plus, hes deep, you are not, its regular stack for you. How would you play against 100bb in a 3bet pot hitting your Ace? Same way, arrreeeen
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Why are we worried about UTG?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:43 PM

This is more a bet sizing question I think. I'm in a pot where I want to isolate and play for stacks, but what bet does that the most effectively when factoring in the possibility of a c/r from utg. is it an easy call if utg ships it?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 PM

the pot is too big to do anything but push, just push
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM

I don't think there is much to debate here. You have a 1/2 pot bet left in your stack while holding TPTK. UTG is nothing to worry about. If he holds AA or 99 so be it, but otherwise you're way ahead of him. Easy push.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 PM

im just smooth calling to try and draw UTG into the pot with the intention of getting all in on the turn or river
Old 11-09-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im just smooth calling to try and draw UTG into the pot with the intention of getting all in on the turn or river

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think so too. With it being a 3 bet pot and the Ad out, it's very unlikely that he can be drawing to many outs. Calling, and inducing an overcall (or even better a shove) seems like the way to go. Given this board and action, it's very difficult for us to be behind. So I'm getting all in on this hand, but I would love for UTG to think he can move me here. EDIT: If there's an overcall the stack goes in on any turn.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think so too. With it being a 3 bet pot and the Ad out, it's very unlikely that he can be drawing to many outs. Calling, and inducing an overcall (or even better a shove) seems like the way to go. Given this board and action, it's very difficult for us to be behind. So I'm getting all in on this hand, but I would love for UTG to think he can move me here. EDIT: If there's an overcall the stack goes in on any turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes not gonna think he can move u unless hes a moran. Youve put in 27 dollars outta 50 if u call, and the pot is gonna be like over 100 if he pushes, there is no way in hell you could call and then fold. Put it in urself
Old 11-09-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hes not gonna think he can move u unless hes a moran. Youve put in 27 dollars outta 50 if u call, and the pot is gonna be like over 100 if he pushes, there is no way in hell you could call and then fold. Put it in urself

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do you agree that it is highly unlikely he is drawing to more than 2 outs? Because of this, there's almost no downside to calling here. Try and squeeze a little more out of him.