Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: bought classic-style hat, am I a douche?

Also,

this guy looks pretty cool.

This works as well.

This does not.

Nor does this.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still 20-something. For 3 months. Oh dear god I'm old.

In any case, we all know the answer is "95% chance you actually look retarded and a 99% chance that a random person will think worse of you for wearing that hat.".

[/ QUOTE ]

FU.

These hats go best with like bitchin trenchcoats and stuff, which you just don't get to rock that often. Maybe in 10 years when I grow up and get a fancy downtown wear a suit type job I'll rock one (also I will be bald and will need to hide in shame).
Old 08-28-2007, 06:21 PM

These hats go best with like bitchin trenchcoats and stuff, which you just don't get to rock that often. Maybe in 10 years when I grow up and get a fancy downtown wear a suit type job I'll rock one (also I will be bald and will need to hide in shame).

Dids, your terrible opinions about hats are terrible opinions about hats.

Your belief that you have to wrap yourself in obscure, hipster-gating clothing is just some weird spillover from years of body-loathing. Stop.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:26 PM

As long as you don't wear aviator goggles, i think you're alright.

I have three fedora's. My staple is a soft-straw fedora with a black and brown band around it. I even have 4 different kinds of small feathers I'll sometimes put in it (only with a suit, though, otherwise it's just too much). To give you an anecdote, last weekend I wore it and women were buying me drinks, constantly asking to wear it, and complementing me for it. Hell, even guys were giving me props for it.

Of course, It certainly helps how you wear it (I think a wearing it with a slant is required, as it bending the lip in the front so the brim doesn't curve upwards all the way around the hat) but I promise the only people making fun of you will be those that make fun of people who stand out in a crowd; and as long as you dress well enough you standing out will be a good thing.

Most people look stupid in that kind of hat because they don't know what to wear with it. When I went out with my soft straw, I wore a form fitting black shirt with a cross thread in it to give a slight shimmer, a very pimp and very affordable tan on silver watch, brown dress sandals and linen pants. If you wear it, just make sure about what colors you put on and how dressy you are. Don't wear it with a t-shirt and jeans, but you also don't necessarily have to pimp a suit.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:27 PM

It all depends. The odds arent in your favor tho, but some people can pull this off.

Who gives a [censored] tho, if you like the hat, go with it.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM

let me know how the specials concert is.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, he has a beard and a mohawk and a lazy eye.

He just does not give a [censored] and it actually looks pretty fetching.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 'cause it's still rock & roll to him.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you don't wear aviator goggles, i think you're alright.

I have three fedora's. My staple is a soft-straw fedora with a black and brown band around it. I even have 4 different kinds of small feathers I'll sometimes put in it. To give you an anecdote, last weekend I wore it and women were buying me drinks, constantly asking to wear it and complementing me for it.

Of course, It certainly helps how you wear it and what you wear with it (I think a wearing it with a slant is required, as it bending the lip in the front so the brim doesn't curve upwards all the way around the hat) but I promise the only people making fun of you will be those that make fun of people who stand out in a crowd; and as long as you dress well enough you standing out will be a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

These I wear a lot, and like them, usually its while Im cooking and drinking outside on saturdays to keep the sun out of my eyes. but I could never wear them "out" in any type fo formal setting

Old 08-28-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me know how the specials concert is.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I was just thinking how I would've worn this all the time back in my rudeboy days
Old 08-28-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was bored and stuck in suburbia, so I went to the mall. I wandered into a hat store and ended up buying a classic-style hat with a brim popped in the back and straight in the front similar to this:

I was happy with my purchase until I spotted similar hats in a Hot Topic as I walked by. I'll wear it regardless, but I'd like to know if I'm going to look like an attention-starved, douchy twenty-something. Does it depend on what else I'm wearing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's wholly dependent on age, body-type and hairstyle. If you are young, do not wear! You look like Molly Ringwald or Backstreet Boys, depending on your hips. If you are fat, do not wear! You'll look like you're trying to be "That guy" to cover up for being a fatass. If you have an asston of hair, do not wear! You will look like Molly Ringwald.

Once you hit your 30's and you aren't a fatass and you don't have George Michael's WHAM! hair -- you can pull these off pretty easily.