Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM

Default NL25 stats...What the hell am i doing wrong?!?!?!?!?!?

Ok, so i have played enough hands to have a general idea of whats going on good and bad and pokertracker says im playing tight agressive-agressive, but i have no profit! This isnt becuase of bad beats or a bad stretch, do my stats say im messing something up bad? I've been much better at sng's and mtt's and its not even close. I primarily play nl 25 full ring and some nl 10 full ring. I know 13000 hands isnt many but i have about 30,000 with all ring game levels combined.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: NL25 stats...What the hell am i doing wrong?!?!?!?!?!?

Stop playing 14/5 and raise more preflop so you can get your big hands paid off. Bring it up to 14/9 (at least). Start raising some of the implied odd hands you limp with after one limper in LP. Start raising suited aces after multiple limpers. Start stealing blinds more, 14% is nothing. Everybody at the $25 is weak/tight, just pound blinds.

I'm sure postflop could use work to but stats just don't tell anybody that.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 PM

First thing I see is you don't raise enough preflop. 5.36% is too low.

What's happening is people know when you have a good hand, so they don't play back at you, so you lose value with your big pairs, plus, you lose value in stealing blinds.

Take some of the hands you are limping and raise.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so i have played enough hands to have a general idea of whats going on good and bad and pokertracker says im playing tight agressive-agressive, but i have no profit! This isnt becuase of bad beats or a bad stretch, do my stats say im messing something up bad? I've been much better at sng's and mtt's and its not even close. I primarily play nl 25 full ring and some nl 10 full ring. I know 13000 hands isnt many but i have about 30,000 with all ring game levels combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the opposite view of others on this thread. Your post flop aggression looks very high. Are you loosing a lot of big pots right now? Are you bluffing too many pots? At NL25, its loose enough that you should make big hands, get paid off.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM

Dennisa, I actually only commented on how passive he was preflop. I did consider he may be too aggressive postflop, particularly on the turn but he probably has very good hands since he only raises 5% of hands. 2 barreling at the $25 is a major leak though.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 PM

Definately find more spots to rasie preflop. I see your low number here hurting you in two ways: you're easier to read because even the weaker players know you have a big hand when you do raise (losing you value), you have much less fold equity esp on the flop when you limp. Try to find more spots to raise and you'll find your c-bets taking down a few more pots here and there.
Also, I think your somewhat high post-flop aggression tied to your low PFR% & VPIP% possibly indicates you giving your opponents too high implied odds and you're maybe facing too many opponents with your bigger hands that only hit TP or overpairs. Check your hands to see if you are over committing (1/3 of your stack) too often with TP/overpair hands.
I suggest trying to increase your PFR% slowly over the next 10-20K hands by stealing more blinds and raising more of your limping hands esp in late position.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check your hands to see if you are over committing (1/3 of your stack) too often with TP/overpair hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i have tptk, (usually only AQ or AK), or most overpair situations= i felt these almost everytime. I cant think of too many situations to fold such hands in a tourney so maybe this is the problem?

Everyone is saying to raise more preflop; right now i'm raising or 3 betting with most pp's, limping weak suited aces in lp (folding nearly always ep or mp), and i rarely ever open with hands like KJ or QT. i try to stay away from ATo, AJo type of hands since they usually are dominated if anyone plays baack at me or even when i flop a pair of aces. I avoid these hands, because they usually bring tough decisions.

Should i open with hands like KJs in mp, or raise more sc's more often prf?
Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you loosing a lot of big pots right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i usuualy win lots of small ones and then get hit hard on 2-3 big ones in a row when they are basically floating me on draws. I buy in full 100bb.

I usuualy c-bet almost any flop where its no more than 2 opponets but obv not on a AK7 when i have 66 type of boards so thats prbly why the aggr is so high. I read posts on here all the time telling people to get theier aggr up so i make sure to that i dont check or call too often when i have something of a hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 AM

I'd focus on how much you are losing with the one pair hands like AQ/AK on Axx or Kxx or Qxx flops.

Generally, this can be a major problem specifically because there are set-miners who do nothing but wait for you to felt top pair. Unline a tourney, these players generally have correct odds to do so pre-flop and it is much more common.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:34 AM

in addition to what others have said it look like your wwsf is pretty low. I'm sure it is partly that it is nl25 but you are probebly missing good bluffing oppertunities. for example min is in the low 40s as opposed to your 33.