Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Latest AP press release

Lest we forget:

"Scott Tom has not been involved with Absoloot Poker for over a year..."

Who made sure that nasty little lie was in AP's recent press release?

Scott "f*cking" Tom, of course.

The main cheat, thief and fraudster is the principal owner of the company. He hasn't fired himself and nobody else can.

Everyone who ever plays on AP again will be giving good money to Scott Tom and his gang of cover-up crooks. The longer AP survives, the longer they are laughing at the entire poker community - and all the way to the bank too.

There is absolootly nothing to stop Scott Tom and his boys from swindling AP players again once the fuss dies down - and the next time, there won't be any smoking gun hand histories. They'll do it for years.

You don't 'keep the good bit' of a malignant tumour.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:13 AM

bump
Old 11-10-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
N8,

I only have one question as an online player. IYO, is it now safe to deposit 25k and begin playing again at AP?

Thanks,
level? or disgusting self interest?
SE

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 10:23 AM

huuum AP survives this in tact me thinks. how can the owner of the company fire himself? usa owned sites need to be regulated and controlled in their own country.hopefully the ppa will help the american online industry to achieve that goal. until then all usa sites will have a cloud over them. offshore businesses have been a double edged sword for players, now i think the balance has swung in favour of proper regs with some sort of governing body to ensure safety and fairness for all players.being european i think i will be using william hill/labrokes ect till the usa industry gets its own house in order.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N8,

I only have one question as an online player. IYO, is it now safe to deposit 25k and begin playing again at AP?

Thanks,
level? or disgusting self interest?
SE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was a serious question based on his previous posts about AP.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:41 AM

hard to tell if people are being serious or not sometimes in these things. my apologies to the poster [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Is it absurd to assume #363 is just Scott Tom's account with which he was plainly railbirding his friends tourney, totally drugged out at his house?

They might have used the way, described by AP, to view the holecards and #363 might just've been having a laugh watching..

Or is my logic flawed here.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:08 AM

It's possible that Scott Tom never played a single "cheating" hand.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ongoing, and apparently increasing, opacity of their corprate structure is one of the most worrisome aspects of this whole thing, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know. I would guess it's the way it is so that American citizens can control Absolute while not technically owning it, with the goal that they don't get arrested when they step on American soil.

If you consider it worrisome that they want to evade or work around the UIGEA, then fine. But I doubt the opacity of their structure indicates anything more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

the word of the day for you is accountability. Imagine running a billion dollar buisness and answering to nobody. This isn't an "American citizen" ideal, it's f'ing logic 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

The opacity of AP's organizational structure is one of the least worrying things about this whole affair. The people who run the business are accountable to whoever they agreed to be accountable to when they started it, and that's the same whether they have 10 entities or one.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:23 PM

Bobman,

The opacity of Absoloot's ownership structure would not be a problem if they weren't lying, swindling thieves. But they are, so it is.

And don't forget: plenty of 'second-tier' people covered for them too (maybe out of fear of being fired, maybe for a nice bonus in their monthly - who knows?).

The name of Absolute Poker is hanging over the entire industry like a bad smell. More NON-poker-playing people have heard about the scandal than poker players - and every day that number increases. Think any of those people will ever try online poker now?

All AP has ever admitted to is that which they could no longer deny. Their twisting, turning, weasel-worded statements have been carefully designed to mesh with the known facts without giving anything else away. Even the latest claim that 'everyone has been refunded' has been exposed as yet more spectacular bullsh*t. They can't stop.

AP has been shown - repeatedly - to be run by liars, cheats and criminals.

Now those same people are promising to be good from now on, but nobody will ever know for sure. We will just have to take their word for it - and hope they stop deleting all those incriminating hand histories...

Absoloot has made its mark on poker history. It won't wash off.