Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Default $200 Stars - 88 in BB

Button is 15/5/7 over ~ 100 hands. Other two are unknown. What should I do on the flop here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($254)
Hero ($201)
BB ($133.10)
UTG ($115.80)
MP ($197)
CO ($197)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>, Button calls $8, Hero calls $7, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($32) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $18</font>
Old 11-20-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: $200 Stars - 88 in BB

i fold here, hes fairly tight and led (albeit a dry flop) into 3 other players. were ahead here almost never + we have the worst relative position possible
Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 PM

defending small pots without information is not good. Also if you're behind you're drawing to two outs.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold here, hes fairly tight and led (albeit a dry flop) into 3 other players. were ahead here almost never + we have the worst relative position possible

[/ QUOTE ]

When the BTN bets after 3 people check to him, I wouldn't exactly call it 'leading into 3 players'.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the BTN bets after 3 people check to him, I wouldn't exactly call it 'leading into 3 players'.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you do with bottom set in the BB,

what do you with AQ as the BTN?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 PM

Not sure how these questions relate to your comment but....

If I had bottom set (or any set for that matter) I am probably betting ~75% and c/r 25%

If I had AQ on the BTN I am probably betting ~75% and checking 25%

Both frequencies are subject to change depending upon SB and CO image and recent game dynamics...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:23 PM

i find i light money on fire by leading AQ into 3 other players on a super dry flop. with this many players im usually checking given dynamics yadda yadda. my point is i dont think he is cbetting weak here with this many players in the hand, because he will be getting looked up alot of the time. also as the pfr alot of people will check monsters to him hoping to bet because people love to trap.

im just trying to get at the fact that there is alot of people in the hand and i see him showing up with better alot of the time when he bets in a 4 player pot on a 6 high flop. its not exactly a great cbet board
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM

his aggressiveness is 7, so he is leading here a lot. plus he didn't bet much more than pot.
i raise here to 50.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 PM

I think what you should be more aware of is that this flop most likely missed the field. And thus a bet from the BTN will often just take it down. Also, a monster isn't always looking for a c/r here since it is likely that the original raiser will not bet because of the obvious fact that he whiffed this flop. Lastly, there are really very few 'monsters' that are out. 3 different sets and 65 I guess. Sure 87 can get feisty/tricky sometimes but overall I would not look for monsters and rather find value in others complacency.

Realize though that betting this flop from the BTN with a hand like AQ will often get called but you have position which makes that ok. Now come turn you can check behind or double barrel if you choose. If you are not betting this flop from the BTN when checked to then I highly recommend that you 3bet it PF to avoid such situations. Mixing in the two (calling and 3betting PF) will make you a much tougher player to play against. Further more, mixing in your betting and checking on this flop once you have good PF frequencies will yet again improve your play.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 PM

Button should be betting an incredibly wide range as bluffs here, while also betting 65, paired Axs, and sets as well. What the button does with AQ is pretty irrelevant imo (I'd check personally because 1. we might have the best hand 2. If we improve on turn other people may likely make a 2nd best hand).

I think calling and checkraising for protection both have merit, would kind of depend on table feel for what I'd do, but folding isn't an option.