Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 11:03 PM

Default LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

LOTR: Return of the King

Starts Monday, April 16.

Changes: Two villagers removed. One wolf removed. One wolf power added. Gandalf lost N0 peek.

Good:

Gandalf: Seer, with no Night 0 peek.
Aragon: Angel, cannot protect Frodo, Sam, or Gollum. 50% protection on Gandalf, Eowyn, and himself.

Frodo: Masons with Sam. Ring-Bearer.
Sam: Masons with Frodo. If Frodo dies, Sam becomes the Ring-Bearer. If both are dead, the One Ring is lost.

Merry: Masons with Eowyn.
Eowyn: Masons with Merry. If her vote is on the Witch-King at nightfall, then the Witch-King dies. If Eowyn is role-blocked at night, then this power is neutralized the following day.

Pippin: Bound to the service of Denethor. Vote counts 0. Each night, names a player he believes to be Denethor. If he's correct, his vote counts 2 from then on. He is not told whether or not he's correct. If Denethor dies, Pippin's vote also becomes 2. This power is still active even if the One Ring is lost.

King Theoden: No powers, but dies if roleblocked by the Witch-King, or if both Merry and Eowyn are dead. Does know his identity. If the One Ring is unmade, he becomes a normal villager.

Ring-Bearer: The Ring-Bearer gets a peek each night, starting with Night 1. If the Bearer is killed at night, that night's peek is wasted. If the One Ring is lost, all village power roles lose their powers, including masonries.

Ring Un-making: If the One Ring is still in possession of the village (and not Gollum) at the end of Night 7, then Sauron dies, Frodo and Sam lose their seer powers, and all Evils lose their powers (including Godfather status for future peeks).

Evil

Sauron: At the start of each night, gets the names of two random, living, non-Evil players who are not the current Ring-Bearer.

Denethor: Godfather. Peeks as "Villager". True role revealed upon death.

Witch-King: Roleblocker.

Oliphant Rider: At nightfall, the total votes against him are reduced by 2. However, if all living villagers vote to lynch the Rider, he is overcome and is lynched regardless of the total (and nobody else is lynched that day).

Mouth of Sauron: 24-hour masons with Sauron. Identity revealed at the start of the game. Cannot be killed by any means while Sauron is alive. Must vote every day or will lose invulnerability permanently, and that vote must be placed at least one hour before nightfall and cannot be changed after that time. However, if he votes for a Good player who is lynched, he may use a Roleblock that night. Finally, may post one unrestricted "Night" post each night.

Nazgul: No powers

Independent

Gollum: Knows the identity of both Frodo and Sam. At the end of Night 7, if Gollum and the Ring-Bearer are both alive, Gollum steals the ring, wins and leaves the game, while Frodo and Sam lose their masonry and seer powers (however, other village powers are not affected). If the Ring is lost at any other time, or if Gollum dies, Gollum loses and leaves the game.

Notes

There are no plot based-events other than Night 7.

As an example, assume that Sam, Sauron, and Gollum are alive night 7. If the evils kill Sam, the Ring is lost and the village loses powers. If the evils kill Gollum, the Ring is unmade, Sauron dies, and the evils lose powers. If the evils kill neither, then Gollum wins, Sam loses his seer ability, and nothing else happens.

The Mouth of Sauron role was chosen randomly.

25 players: 18 village, 6 evil, 1 independent

---

It is still NIGHT. Nobody may post in this thread until I announce day.

Except the Mouth of Sauron, who can do what he wants.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

[ 0 ] aaronk56
[ 0 ] chuckleslovakian
[ 0 ] clowntable
[ 0 ] dmk
[ 0 ] ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
[ 0 ] FCBLComish
[ 0 ] fmxda
[ 0 ] FortFun
[ 0 ] GetThere1Time
[ 0 ] HerbieGRD
[ 0 ] Jack Bando
[ 0 ] Jeremy517
[ 0 ] KyrosMother
[ 0 ] LuckayLuck
[ 0 ] Mark_K
[ 0 ] Nez477
[ 0 ] Nicholasp27
[ 0 ] RichC.
[ 0 ] Skoob
[ 0 ] Stephen H
[ 0 ] Thebram
[ 0 ] TruFloridaGator
[ 0 ] VoraciousReader
[ 0 ] wdcbooks
[ 0 ] Zurvan

Still NIGHT.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 AM

Good Morning Worms!

Your friendly Mouth of Sauron is here. Just listen to me this game and I won't lead you astray. I am the LOL in your lolvillage, I may even be the black fly in your chardonnay.

I suggest everyone lynch Sam day one and force Frodo to incriminate himself right away. That was an awesome strategy last game. I will be around and gloating all the way until end game so feel free to ask me questions and I will never tell a lie.

In case you need a mental picture, this is me:

ps. I haven't looked at the members of my team yet and I am not sure I plan to.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM

LOL
Old 04-16-2007, 09:48 AM

Hope nobody's on dial-up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Waiting on two read receipts, so day will start a little late.

Still night.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 AM

The broken Fellowship has battled through the mines of Moria. Seen members fall, be captured, and even die. Released King Theoden and Rohan from evil control. Defeated the forces of Saruman and the wizard himself.

But now, what's left of your group stands on Pellinor Fields, as the Black Gate of Mordor opens and spews out legion upon legion of orcs and their fearsome allies from afar. At the head of this unbelievably massive group rides a lone figure, the Mouth of Sauron, who taunts you with the possible death of Frodo and the impending destruction of the Kingdom of Gondor itself.

However, the Dark Lord Sauron does not know that Frodo and Sam have been guided into Mordor itself by the creature known as Gollum, who then betrayed them. The Hobbits are seven days and nights away from the fires of Mount Doom, where the One Ring can finally be destroyed. Meanwhile, Gollum follows behind them in shadow, waiting for the moment when he can reclaim the precious Ring as his own.

Night falls at 9:30pm. 9:29 counts, 9:30 doesn't.

Though noisome clouds broil from Mount Doom and obscure the sky, it is DAY.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Wow, thanks for making me wait.

Strategy Post

Dual Frodo and Sam wagons. GOGOGOGOGOooooooo.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:05 AM

nez
Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 AM

*** MOD ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Due to the ongoing POG/Mods game, which ends at 10pm, I'm moving up Nightfall to 9:30pm.

So 9:29 counts, 9:30 doesn't.

*** MOD ANNOUNCEMENT
Old 04-16-2007, 11:12 AM

zurvan