Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Stars 109 TPTK

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think it's reasonable to add A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T to villain's range ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean just the Ah then no, not even remotely close. If you mean the nut flush draw on the flop then sure.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think it's reasonable to add A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q , A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J , A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T to villain's range ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt omahahahahahahaha. Ppl dont call flops with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to try and push someone off the non-nut flush or something like that.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 AM

I do have a bit of a problem seeing a flop call with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q , A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J , A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T since it's 1/5 stack, K included in big part of hero's range, etc. Calling 3-to-the-nut-flush vs an obvious c-bet is not totally unlikely though.

I have no problem seeing a turn semi-bluff, especially if A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q. Villain would see a couple of hearts as a tiny part of hero's range and would know that semi-bluff has added value b/c also reps having hit flush.

It's easy for 3rd of a suit to cause too much paralysis.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:49 AM

But no one ever does that. We're supposed to be giving advice based on people's tendencies with no reads on a specific player. There's nothing that would lead OP to believe they would call the flop with just the Ah. And even if they would, that's such a ridiculously small percent of opponent's range that it's not important when you're coming up with an optimal line.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM

Does your opinion change if all the stack sizes here are doubled ? Tripled ? Quadrupled ?

The big reason I think calling with 3-to-nut-flush + 3-to-broadway is unlikely here is that it costs an excessive amount of M.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big reason I think calling with 3-to-nut-flush + 3-to-broadway is unlikely here is that it costs an excessive amount of M.

[/ QUOTE ]

the big reason I think it's unlikely is because AQ on a K83 board is not a very good hand
Old 11-04-2007, 04:44 PM

I don't like folding here. I think calling and re-evaluating OTT is a decent play. snap folding here is a bit too weak.