Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: 50nl - AA villian shoves river

wtfwtfwtfwtf

call river all day
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM

Also bluff-shoving this river is really bad imo and most good players can spot this a mile away. Bet the turn >>>> shoving river (as villain)
Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also bluff-shoving this river is really bad imo and most good players can spot this a mile away. Bet the turn >>>> shoving river (as villain)

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because he has solid pf stats doesn't mean he is good postflop. Read through the first replies to this thread; you get a fold out of a smallish subset of 50NL players often enough on this river.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because he has solid pf stats doesn't mean he is good postflop. Read through the first replies to this thread; you get a fold out of a smallish subset of 50NL players often enough on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the average 2+2-poster should be considered the average taggish 50nl player.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot trust the average player to fold QQ+ here. Nor should you really, because you're repping a very narrow range.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this spot for a river shove with no pair... I wouldn't be real confident that most people can fold an overpair here but if you got a decent read I like it. Your line is reasonable for JJ/TT. I think pf is good too if this guy could ever fold AA on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to make people lay down overpairs.. it costs a lot of $.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like this spot for a river shove with no pair... I wouldn't be real confident that most people can fold an overpair here but if you got a decent read I like it. Your line is reasonable for JJ/TT. I think pf is good too if this guy could ever fold AA on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to make people lay down overpairs.. it costs a lot of $.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its a fold. The only thing you beat here is JT and I doubt it plays so passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not even beating that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think this is a clear baluga.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has aces up. How is he not beating Jack and Tens?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:49 AM

whyzze,
who was hero in this hand? I think you need a read that he hero will lay down TPTK+ before you bluff shove this river. As noted I much prefer taking a stab at the pot on the turn.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:12 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
He has aces up. How is he not beating Jack and Tens?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan could have: (1) lower overpair (QQ/KK), J10, trips (JJ, 10/10), or air (OESD that didn't connect). We have top 2 pr.

Villan's line (at least initially) just doesn't look like a set on the flop to me. Villan was IP w/ a chance to bet on the turn...but didn't. Then reraised all in when board paired.

My first thought was this is a clear call since villan could have lower overpairs or J10. But villan could also be doing a "stutter step" check on turn given the pot size to induce a bet from hero. If you look @ stack sizes, then a raise on rivr would enable villan to get his $ all in w/ a raise. (Since villan is in position, it also gives villan another chance to bet @ & build this pot if s/he checks river.)

What would I do? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I would call [because our hand is just too good against the full range of villan] & make a careful note about this player. (And throw my mouse across the room if this was a slow played set on the flop that filled up on the rivrr.) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]