Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Default line check with AA OOP

villain is a so-so LAG (40/20 pf pretty aggro post). he plays well sometimes, but I've seen him spew. I'm not particularly happy he just sat to my left, but I had a big fish to my right.

so I called the flop raise planning on donking a non-club turn. When he raises the turn should I call the turn raise planning on calling a non-club river? should I fold the turn? Should I just c/c the turn and fold to a non-club river?

Absolute Poker $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: line check with AA OOP

the flop is closer than I thought it would be. based on these stove results a 3bet is a bad idea

Hand 0: 50.359% { AdAh }
Hand 1: 49.641% { KK, 99, AKs, AcQc, AcJc, AcTc, KQs, AKo, KQo }

will villain ever take the free card here? most LAGs never do. if he won't take a free card then c/c is probably better than b/c because you're usually drawing very thin or dead when you get raised. unless he has AK pretty much

as played I would call the river because the pot is huge and it doesn't look like you have a club. villain might be trying to get thin value out of AK or something
Old 11-09-2007, 06:21 PM

interesting that you mention that. I did call the river in reality, but I felt it was really bad and didn't want people to focus on it, so it took it out.

at the time I thought he could be playing AK or KQ without a club like this, but I still think the river was probably a bad call.

I think you may be right that the turn is a c/c instead of a b/c.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 AM

bumpage....somebody else weight in. am I a nut....is this a decent line?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:54 AM

donking the turn means better hands almost always raise, worse hands usually just call, but you still cant fold to a raise because you're occasionally ahead and usually drawing live. nobody takes a free card in a heads up pot like this ever.

who are you on ap, and who is the other person involved?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bumpage....somebody else weight in. am I a nut....is this a decent line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably play it the same exact way, and c/c riv.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop is closer than I thought it would be. based on these stove results a 3bet is a bad idea

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this range leaves out a lot of club hands: lots of people will play TT/JJ/QQ with a club like this through the flop. Some smaller pairs will raise the flop with a club. Some big Ax hands with one club might also.

Plus, 3 betting suited connectors preflop seems like the in thing to do, so that adds some more made flushes to his range.

So when you're ahead on the flop you still have a lot of outs to dodge and I think calling the raise is fine.

Given your read on this guy (ag and maybe spewy postflop), he'll bet the hands you're ahead of on the turn for you, so check call is fine.

I probably check call the river too, but that's mainly because I'm expert at donating money to LAGs. I think we're hoping that, in addition to AK/KQo, this guy could 3 barrel a non-club pair.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:09 AM

I rather pump it on the flop than a donkydonk on the turn, this also gives more info when villian caps
Old 11-10-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this range leaves out a lot of club hands: lots of people will play TT/JJ/QQ with a club like this through the flop. Some smaller pairs will raise the flop with a club. Some big Ax hands with one club might also.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe I am overestimating villain here but raising with those hands on the flop is pretty dumb vs someone who capped a multiway pot.

AcQ TcT and JcJ are dogs to hero's capping range, and QcQ is only a slight favourite. I don't think it is enough of a favourite to overcome the times that hero will be 3betting with sets/AcK/AcA

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, 3 betting suited connectors preflop seems like the in thing to do, so that adds some more made flushes to his range.

[/ QUOTE ]
unlikely given CO's coldcall. also villains pfr stat isn't too out of line. he looks more like a guy who cold calls too much and never folds his blinds
Old 11-10-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

will villain ever take the free card here? most LAGs never do. if he won't take a free card then c/c is probably better than b/c because you're usually drawing very thin or dead when you get raised. unless he has AK pretty much

as played I would call the river because the pot is huge and it doesn't look like you have a club. villain might be trying to get thin value out of AK or something

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with these lines, i dont like folding the river here with the pot size, i def think we are good enough of the time to make it a profitable call