Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: med. overpair vs donk

[ QUOTE ]
If you call the flop, itīs to induce a turnbluff as he doesnīt seem like the kind of guy who is cabable of checking because you call him on the flop..

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not so sure that's true. they have a lot of money left behind
Old 06-12-2007, 09:38 PM

This is played fine if you fold to the push. He's a donk, for sure, but your hand beats about nothing. He's got the low cards covered and you obviously can't beat JJ-AA.

Good point about his aggro factor, I don't think he would do this with Ace high.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 AM

I fold the flop.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude his AF is 1.4 - even tho he's a lagtard idiot preflop, I still fold to his turn shove I'd say he has a bigger overpair than u on this board... I'd say QQ-AA 90% of the time a least

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this regardless of stats. He has to realize you are on a big PP here as well, and you aren't ahead of any of the likely ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.4 (aside being worthless because of sample size) is HUGE for a 60 vpip

[/ QUOTE ]

We can still tell you used to be a limi-donk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Ez fold IMO.. Donks with AF 1.4 dont bluff enough for calling to be correct I think.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude his AF is 1.4 - even tho he's a lagtard idiot preflop, I still fold to his turn shove I'd say he has a bigger overpair than u on this board... I'd say QQ-AA 90% of the time a least

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this regardless of stats. He has to realize you are on a big PP here as well, and you aren't ahead of any of the likely ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.4 (aside being worthless because of sample size) is HUGE for a 60 vpip

[/ QUOTE ]

We can still tell you used to be a limi-donk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yeah i was thinking the same thing he was..
Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 PM

i almost didn't post the stats i had on villain afterwards, i kinda wish i didn't. looking in pt after the session i saw how he played this hand at that table:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1,331.05
BB: $1,326.20
UTG: $488.50
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $689.50</font>
CO: $559.50
BTN: $102.51

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $66.00</font>, CO calls $54.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($135) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($135) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $121.00</font>, CO calls $121.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($377) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $321.00</font>, CO calls $321.00

Pot Size: $1,019.00 ($3.50 Rake)

BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Eights) and WON (+$507.50)
CO had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pairs, Kings and Eights) and LOST (-$508.00)

wish i had seen that at the time. the way he played that hand combined with the way he played the T9 hand, the way he probably hates me now, the way my hand probably looks exactly like what it is, and the way i felt that that 8 pairing would save me some money if he did have a larger overpair but he just shoves for over 2 buyins anyway... i'm definitely still second guessing my fold here.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that because you think he has me crushed as soon as he reraises preflop? or because you feel kinda like trix, if i just call the flop i'm putting myself in a tough spot because i'm asking this guy to push me off the hand, but you don't feel like i can raise?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i almost didn't post the stats i had on villain afterwards, i kinda wish i didn't. looking in pt after the session i saw how he played this hand at that table:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1,331.05
BB: $1,326.20
UTG: $488.50
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $689.50</font>
CO: $559.50
BTN: $102.51

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $66.00</font>, CO calls $54.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($135) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($135) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $121.00</font>, CO calls $121.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($377) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $321.00</font>, CO calls $321.00

Pot Size: $1,019.00 ($3.50 Rake)

BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Eights) and WON (+$507.50)
CO had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pairs, Kings and Eights) and LOST (-$508.00)

wish i had seen that at the time. the way he played that hand combined with the way he played the T9 hand, the way he probably hates me now, the way my hand probably looks exactly like what it is, and the way i felt that that 8 pairing would save me some money if he did have a larger overpair but he just shoves for over 2 buyins anyway... i'm definitely still second guessing my fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think knowing he 3-bets SC's is more reason to fold if anything. there's a wider range of hands that beat you, and i still don't think it's likely that he's making a random 170 bb shove on the turn. i have a weak-tight tendency in huge pots though so i'm far from an expert on this situation. without having stats on him i think it's a trivial fold

isura is probably right about folding teh flop. you know absolutely nothing about his bluffing and 2-barrelling frequencies. your hand MIGHT be best now, but even if it is it can easily be outdrawn and you can easily be pushed off it on later streets, even if a safe card comes. it's a textbook reverse implied odds situation and you have very deep stacks considering that 92% of the time you'll have nothing more than a pair of tens at showdown. even if you had a read on him that he usually slows down after the flop, you could call and see what he does. but as is, you're playing a guessing game with someone you know nothing about, which is made even worse by the tendency of players who fit his description to act irrationally at times. that, in turn, makes them completely unpredictable until you have some real, non-stat information.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that because you think he has me crushed as soon as he reraises preflop? or because you feel kinda like trix, if i just call the flop i'm putting myself in a tough spot because i'm asking this guy to push me off the hand, but you don't feel like i can raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much Josh summed it up. To add, I do think that we're crushed often when he leads that strong on the flop into 2 players. He won't always bet like that on the flop when he reraises PF.