Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: What a waste (of my time)

[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be a side that says "The Speaker of the House doesn't need her own plane to fly around in." The guy before her didn't need one either, but that doesn't change that she is wasting tax payers' money by not declining to use the plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

TTYM .. that is all I was saying I don't care if its Pelosi or Santa Claus this a ridiculous waste. Even if by some far fetched logic the speaker of the house needs a private plane, an Airforce transport w/ a crew of 16 just doesn't make any sense.

NeBlis
Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 AM

It still has a top row spot with a picture on Drudge:

PENTAGON LIMITS PELOSI JET SIZE...

Hillary Clinton should ditch the trousers: Versace...

CBS COURIC NIGHTMARE... WEDNESDAY EDITION OF 'EVENING NEWS' 3RD PLACE IN ALL TOP 7 MARKETS, NIELSEN REPORTS... LAST PLACE IN ALL OF LOS ANGELES BROADCAST-TV, BEHIND ABC, NBC AND 'MALCOLM IN MIDDLE', 'FRIENDS', 'KING OF QUEENS' RERUNS...
----

The top three stories plus another are sensationalist anti woman at the moment...notice a pattern?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:45 AM

from ABC:

[ QUOTE ]
Late Wednesday afternoon, one of Pelosi's closest allies in the House, Rep. John Murtha, D-Penn., chairman of the key Appropriations Committee subcommittee on defense, told CNN that the Pentagon was making "a mistake" by leaking information unfavorable to the speaker "since she decides on the allocations for the Department of Defense."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Democratic Party, the party of petty revenge.

How dare you question how we Democrats spend the taxpayers money!!11!1
Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to double check BB's "right wing circle jerk" allegation, so I went to FoxNews.com. Sure enough, this story is their #2 story. Carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what?

msnbc link:

Pelosi Story

cbsnews link:

Pelosi Story

abcnews link:

Pelosi Story

At the time I posted, links to these were on the main web pages.

Either this is a blatent troll post by the moderator or the moderator is implying that since the story appreared on the FoxNews site with a link to it from their main page, this means that it's right wing circle jerk. This would a totally ridiculous asseertion. So what is your post supposed to signify? A blatent example of trolling or a ridiculous assertion? If it's something else please explain why you made the post.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Dems already puting a halt to government waste!

How much did it cost for bush to land on the aircraft carrier for his "Mission Accomplished" speech?

Anyways I don't think this is that big of a deal. The Speaker of the house is 2nd in line to be president, so I don't think it's an unreasonable security measure.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This story is a giant right-wing circlejerk. 4 high already explained all the perfectly reasonable reasons why Pelosi would need a bigger plane to maintain the same perk Hastert had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hastert only used this 'perk' once. And it was a smaller plane. Pelosi's request would result in the air force removing a major working plane from their fleet.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Air Force determined that [Pelosi's] safety would be best ensured by using a plane that has the fuel capacity to go coast-to-coast, a Pelosi spokesperson said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let the spinning begin.
The pentagon slaps Pelosi's request down.
http://washtimes.com/national/20070208-121345-5680r.htm
The Sgt-at-Arms was the messenger but Pelosi was the person who initiated the request. Let her have Hastert's 12 seater jet which I heard he only used ONCE....

The funniest part is Pelosi is trying to blame the Repubs for the bad press she is getting about this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Felix: thats because this is a red herring while hundreds billions of dollars are dissapearing into Iraq.

Where is your outrage for that?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felix: thats because this is a red herring while hundreds billions of dollars are dissapearing into Iraq.
Where is your outrage for that?

[/ QUOTE ]
This topic is Pelosi's request for an upgraded personal jet.
If you want to start a separate topic on govt waste/corruption in Iraq, then create a new post.
Lets not hijack this thread....
Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hastert only used this 'perk' once.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even close.
[ QUOTE ]

However, in an October 6, 2006, article, The New York Times reported that Hastert's two top aides would travel back to Illinois with him "almost every weekend":

Mr. Hastert, a former schoolteacher and wrestling coach, is more at home in Illinois than in Washington, traveling back to the state almost every weekend with Scott Palmer, his chief of staff, and Mike Stokke, his deputy chief of staff. When Congress is in session, the two aides and Mr. Hastert share a townhouse near the Capitol, living a bachelorlike existence. The speaker once boasted that neither he nor his roommates had cooked a meal since 1986, preferring to dine out.

In a second article published three days later, the Times also reported that Hastert, Palmer, and Stokke would "fly back to Illinois most every weekend."

Additionally, in a column published the same day, Chicago Sun-Times Washington bureau chief Lynn Sweet indicated that Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) accompanied Hastert on at least one military flight from Illinois to Washington, after Shimkus' staff received an "urgent call" from the Republican leadership requesting Shimkus' presence the next day at a Washington press conference on the Mark Foley scandal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Media Matters