Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Overpair getting minraised

NL10, 6 players, full stacks

Dealt to HERO: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
HERO (UTG): Raises to 0.4
MP : Calls 0.4
CO: Folds
BUTTON: Calls 0.4
SB: Calls for 0.4
BB: Folds

Flop (J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) ($1.6)
SB: Checks
HERO: Bets 1.3
MP: Raises to 2.6
BUTTON: Folds
SB: Folds
HERO: Calls 1.3

Turn: (J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) ($6.6)
HERO: Checks
MP : Bets 3
HERO?

Iīm having trouble with these kind of hands. Should I reraise the flop? The turn is a fold right? I have no reads so far.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Overpair getting minraised

i think you played it alright if you folded. if the turn was a brick, i'd probably put the rest of my stack in. KQ is unlikely here, since you have 2 queens yourself, clubs just made it, AJ may or may not have a redraw on you.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you played it alright if you folded. if the turn was a brick, i'd probably put the rest of my stack in. KQ is unlikely here, since you have 2 queens yourself, clubs just made it, AJ may or may not have a redraw on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a fold? We now have a draw to a flush as well and it's a small bet to us. I'd consider raising here. Is that bad?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:01 PM

A minraise very often means a set or two pair, like JT in this case, at least thatīs what Iīve discovered at this level. Even if Villain is raising me here with AcKc, heīs actually a 55/45 favoriteon the flop, and Acxc is only a 45/55 underdog, so pushing this flop doesnīt seem good at all. So, the best thing here I reckon is to just call, and then on the turn your equity will probably be dramatically changed. If you are pretty certain Villain would bet a non-club turn, would you check/push that turn?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a fold? We now have a draw to a flush as well and it's a small bet to us. I'd consider raising here. Is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

it might not turn out to be if the rangers were figured up, and numbers crunched, etc. i just feel like we're pretty iffy on the flop, and we fell behind more on the turn, as opposed to gaining, so i don't want to commit to this pot.