Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum

Not currently in Vegas so unfortunately I can't be of much assistance other than keeping good thoughts, which I'm definitely doing.

Definitely let us know how it turns out, hope all goes well.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:17 AM

All cell phones have GPS. I would get a court order ordering the cell phone company to turn over all records from their towers and calling info for the last week. They probably won't give it to you without the court order and good luck getting the police to do any work. They can tell you any calls he made and what towers they were routed through.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 AM

It sounds like hiring a PI might be your best play as they will know to do things like (and will have a system in place to be able to) check his cell phone call location, check the GPS on his rental, check his players card activity, check his credit card activity, check his internet history, and a million other things that we will not think of.

Even though I fear the worst I hope for the best for you and your family. Mike will be in my thoughts and I hope for his safe return.

Steve
Old 07-07-2007, 03:34 AM

They used to do this without court orders, but after the problems with pretexting, (dialing up to get access to cell-phone bills, despite not being the owner), they now are much stricter. I would be sure to push this if I was his family, as Vegas PD, will probably discount this in a gambler's case. Make sure they do appropriate follow-up with the cellphone, rental car, and personal belongings. Time is of the essence.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 AM

I hope the guy just needed some "alone time" and needed to take a long weekend away from everything. Gl to his family.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:58 AM

This is an update from the corvette board

At approximately 0130 hours, Michael's rent-a-car was found abandoned in AZ. 90 miles from Las Vegas.

According to the Sheriff's Deputy I spoke to at 0300 hours, they were responding to the scene to examine the car, and to recover a note that stated the car had broken down. Unfortunately, Michael did not have his cell phone as it was recovered in his hotel room.

The Deputy will be contacting me this morning with information on the note, and if they were able to locate Michael.

Please keep the good thoughts and prayers flowing

I will update as soon as I have more info.

His cell phone was found in his hotel room with his belongings, but not his wallet. The car was found by a hunter, sounds like it may have been off the road. They are having the note autheticated by his family. If anyone knows about his state of mind, (helping with judgemets as to whether he might have done this albeit out of character but voluntarily), please post here or on the Corvette board. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Another update, doesn't look great. I now appears he went for a drive off-roading in AZ, (he does this frequently). When the car broke down, he found out he had forgotten his cell phone, although service there is sketchy at best. They have yet to recover the car the hunter found, (don't have exact location and no GPS in car), but it is a long way from anywhere, (major road, residence, or business). After they find the car they will initate S+R operations. Not the best news. Good luck to him and his family.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:50 AM

this is so sad, I hope he is ok and found soon.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:05 PM

Wow, my prayers to him and the family. I am very familiar with the whereabouts of where they found the car since I live in Kingman, he had to have gone off roading between here and Vegas. It's been pretty hot in this area for the past 3 days, getting up to 112 in some parts. Updates appreciated and hopefully he's OK.

T
Old 07-07-2007, 12:08 PM

just read on the corvette forum that his body was found. He died of exposure