Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

[ QUOTE ]
something australian probably

[/ QUOTE ]

just seems like people are making up holidays to be included, leap year holiday, give me a break, I don't get off work for it, thus its not a national holiday
Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 AM

TomE, good stuff, although I'm not sure why you fessed up to hitting the dog in the first place...

Best examples I can come up with: a few years ago a friend was getting married at a non-denominational "event house". It was this large property with a front yard, back yard w/pool, and common house. Nice house but on this day it was generally only utilized for its bathrooms. In this case we had a front yard wedding, but there was also a back yard wedding. It went off ~1 hour before ours did. Both weddings shared the same bathroom.

I couldn't help but notice that our wedding was beer and wine only (not even a cash bar for the hard stuff), whereas the other wedding was a full open bar.

Pretty early on I determined that we were gonna crash this other bar. After our ceremony I tipped one of their bartenders $20 to have my run of the place. He kept me in drinks and by the end of the night about a half of our wedding had crashed their party and for all intents and purposes we had melded into one big party.

More interesting though, one of the invitees of this other wedding was a childhood friend who recognized me but who I hadn't seen in at least twenty years. Even more bizarre, a member of the wedding party was a friend of mine who I saw daily at the gym. He not only cosigned my drinking at the bar, he convinced me to sign the guest book and cut in line to give me cake.

The best thing that came of this though was that as of a result of the networking at the other wedding I placed a guy in a new job just a few months later and we all made money on the deal.

---------------------

Not long after that I was leaving a notoriously debaucherous pool party when I looked at the pool and saw a chick with her top off, perched on her new fake breasts, which were bobbing on the pool surface.

Rather than leave, I sat down to enjoy this sight some more. I got to talking to a couple of other guys enjoying the scenery and got to talking. One of them worked at a client of mine, I got to know him, got his resume and a couple of referrals, and ended up placing multiple people as a result of getting to know this guy.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TomE, good stuff, although I'm not sure why you fessed up to hitting the dog in the first place...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was the beer or being unfamiliar with the girl, or thinking that being Sir Gallahad would somehow get me laid. Looking back 20+ years later, I should have whacked her with a shovel and buried her with the dog.

[ QUOTE ]

It was this large property with a front yard, back yard w/pool, and common house.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not long after that I was leaving a notoriously debaucherous pool party

[/ QUOTE ]

Pools, drinks, boobs. You know how and where to hang out Tug.

--
TomE.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Not mine but my brother flew to Baltimore last week and ran into a guy from his hockey team in the airport there. From Houston.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM

Also, every natural hair color is represented in my immediate family.

There are 6 of us, and it is broken down thusly:

1 Grey
1 Blonde
1 Black
1 Red
2 Brown

We are Irish, which, I think, is one of the only (heritage?) that could facilitate this. Also, we all have blue eyes.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:31 PM

My mom was born February 29, 1956 on leap year. Her mom was born February 29, 1936. My grandmother's dad was also born on leap year. My twin brother and I would have been born on leap year, but we were a year late. We were born March 1, 1981 (1980 was the leap year)

I gotta remember to secks it up good with my wife around the end of june/early july. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 PM

You mean around late May/early June.

Perhaps it is lots of Memorial Day vacation get-away conceptions in your family.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, every natural hair color is represented in my immediate family.
Also, we all have blue eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the eyes thing distinctly non-coincidental?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:04 AM

A friend and I are scooping ice cream and keep returning the scooper into water. The water becomes murky and out of the blue we decide to dub it "brackish" water. We call it brackish like 20 times during the day. Look it up on dictionary.com that day, it is the word of the day.

Same friend. We are trying to figure out what to name his beer bong. Somehow we got on the topic of civil war generals and General Sherman came up. He is known for burning the south to the ground, primarily Columbia and Atlanta. We decide to name the bong that. That day we go on wikipedia and General Sherman is the featured article of the day.

Eerie.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 AM

My sophomore year of college one of my random roommates had the same first name as me. His younger sisters had the same name as my younger sisters with the middle sisters sharing the same name and the youngest sisters sharing the same name.