Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Who folds preflop?

In this hand SB is a TAG that just love to reraise me preflop.BB is a decent LAG.
I open any Ax hand from CO and sometimes I of course get 3-bet. I often have hard to see any value in my hand. Can we fold preflop with crap ace hands when we get 3-bet preflop by players we know won't slow down until river?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $235.05
Hero: $453.75
SB: $168.10
BB: $302.10

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(7.5:1)</font>.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 4.75BB
Old 02-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Who folds preflop?

Call turn and even river sometimes if he's 3-betting trash. I like turn fold with this hand though.

And no you can't fold an Ace in the CO.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:59 PM

usually when i notice that the blinds are 3betting me light, I tend to tighten up my stealing range. in this case, given what you said, I'd chuck A2o. i don't think it's worth it.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 PM

I didn't make a good job explaining this very common problem.
I would never fold this first in. I'm talking of folding after I got three bet by a legitimate 3 bettor. On paper I have the odds to continue but in reality my real revenue isn't as good as my theoretic odds implies since I will win minimum when I'm ahead and probably lose maximum when I'm behind. In 90-95%% of the cases I'm getting 3-bet preflop by a legitimate 3-bettor I have 3 outs. So why bother why not just fold preflop with A2 as long as your opponents not change their 3-betting frequency against me.
In this hand I'm sure of that SB is a legitimate raiser. He has just been running good and therefore reraised me a lot.My post decribing SB just sucked.
About this hand there is no way I'm going to call flop with A high against a 3-bettor and a twobet coldcaller.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call turn and even river sometimes if he's 3-betting trash. I like turn fold with this hand though.

And no you can't fold an Ace in the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you can

this is an easy fold PF

You are going to invest 3sb PF just to fold the flop alot.

If you have A4o in the CO, just fold.