Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:55 AM

Default KK, top set on a scary board

what kind of bet should I make on the flop here? If I bet out and get raised, do I ever fold thinking of AQ? no reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($30)
UTG ($60.45)
MP ($107)
CO ($22.65)
Button ($22.85)
SB ($50.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP calls $4, CO calls $4.

Flop: ($18.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero
Old 01-18-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: KK, top set on a scary board

Lots of hands will go AI on that Flop - not just AQ. Even if that's what someone has you still win 1/3rd of the time or something.

So, bet $15.00 or so and hope TT, JJ, QQ, AA, AdJd or one of the other possible big hands pushes.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:59 AM

Your short stacked there is no other option move AI..Folding can never be an option with stack sizes..

Raise to 8-9 PF..May be 10 since you'll be OOP..
Old 01-18-2007, 02:04 AM

You can't fold top set here, and you don't want to give a diamond draw or QQ, TT, or AA a free card. You are also pretty short stacked, and if you put in a bet, you will be pot comitted. I think I would just push this flop. It should have hit one or both of them in some way, and there are lots of worse hands here that should call.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:58 AM

problem with pushing this flop is you won't get action because people might get scared of that straight. Just bet out aggressively, and be prepared to go AI.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
problem with pushing this flop is you won't get action because people might get scared of that straight. Just bet out aggressively, and be prepared to go AI.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is short stacked and only has $24 left behind..If they call an "aggressive" bet they would easily call the AI..And making a weaker bet may kill action and/or OPs hand depending on turn card..
Old 01-18-2007, 04:06 AM

Poooooosssshhhhhhh!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:13 AM

Marginal between leading for $12-15 and pushing for $24. You're looking to get all the money in, obviously (and would never fold for your last $12 getting 4.5:1 and being 4.5:1 to fill up). I like leading for 2/3 or 5/6 pot because I think there ARE some hands that would call or raise $12 or $15 but fold to $24. Not many but a few -- technically you'd be pricing out a moderately smart flush draw from their perspective with an overbet to deny 2:1, which you don't want to do with your redraw outs.

It's more of a psychological thing than anything -- obviously good players realize that you're trying to get the money in regardless, but there are players who make smaller bets because of timidity and if you can convince someone you're one of them, you're golden. If not, you haven't lost too much value. Getting a hand that would have folded to call or raise is, IMO, MUCH better than charging a little extra to a draw or top pair.

Against opponents sharp enough to perceive why you'd bet less than your stack, easy push.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I tend to assess that fewer hands are likely to call than other, better, players who post here say will call. Therefore I tend to undersize my bets a bit. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 AM

bets/calls shove. reload for christsakes.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:42 PM

You're short stacked, in a reraised pot, having flopped top set on a board that could have easily and most likely hit your opponents. AQ is not the only hand getting it in against your short stack here. Besides, even if you bet $12 and have to call a $12 raise all-in, you will be getting 4.5:1 and will have 7 outs on the turn and 10 on the river, easily getting the pot odds you need. And that's the worst possible case.

Bet $10-12 on the flop and get the rest in on the turn.