Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Tunica NLHE regulars

Lately I've played quite a bit at the Gold Strike and I see some of the same people. Well actually a lot of the same people.

I was hoping we could get a good thread going talking about some of the regulars to look for.

I'll start with a guy named Ahmad (I'll call him A). He has dark skin like maybe some kind of Arabic decent. He talks like he was born and raised here though. He's maybe 5'9" - 5"10". Maybe early 30's and he said he's from Nashville but I've seen him almost everytime I've been there. I've also noticed he almost always wears a Corona cap.

As far as his play goes A is very tricky. He plays a lot of pots and doesn't like to give anything up. He makes a lot of moves at pots. He will really test your own willingness to go broke. He likes to keep an above average stack so he can do that to most people.

There was a hand I posted about a few weeks ago that A was in. It went something like this.

UTg raises to 7. I'm in MP with QQ I reraise to 27. Next guy raises to 50. BB calls the 50. I don't remember what the flop was except all three cards were lower than a 9. It went check check and the person who raised to 50 bets 100. BB thinks for a bit and the guy who bet 100 clls the clock on him. A finally called and I fold my QQ.

The turn was a 9 and A checked and the other guy went all in for nearly 350 (A had him covered). A thought for quite a while and folded. The other guy showed AA and A showed 10-10.

That hand doesn't illustrate how great he is but the fact that he appeared to come close to calling a big bet with a marginal hand.

I should have also said that I believe A was really wanting to set up the guy with AA for hours before that hand. Earlier A called the clock on the other guy just to tilt him some. That guy wasn't a very good player but had a lot of gamble to him. I think A saw that and was trying to get a bigger edge on him.

Hopefully in the future I'll learn to assess players better and make those assessments easier to read and understand.

Ok someone else turn (MicrBob, Brad1970, Chipr777?)