Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: hand vs Jonathan Little Wpt FT Bubble

i think i like checking the flop, we're almost betting as a bluff really, and while it sucks if a club comes on the turn, he's not gonna be folding big clubs on the flop - and won't be paying off 3 barrels w/ < TP ten kicker, so i dont think we really lose anything by giving the free card. (overcards pairing is the suck, but meh)
Old 11-23-2007, 05:10 PM

ya I'd check behind a fair bit. If I did bet it'd be with the intention of calling a shove.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i like checking the flop, we're almost betting as a bluff really, and while it sucks if a club comes on the turn, he's not gonna be folding big clubs on the flop - and won't be paying off 3 barrels w/ < TP ten kicker, so i dont think we really lose anything by giving the free card. (overcards pairing is the suck, but meh)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the rest of the replies but I check here like almost every time (makes mental note in-case I'm playing vs. you fools) for like all these reasons

I honestly hate hate hate hate betting flops like this when he can be shoving soooo many things and like, we have to fold to a shove, so why bet anything remotely decent that might have showdown value?

Depending on opponents of course, if it's someone that is really passive that I know will just call with a naked club or w/e then I may bet, but very very rarely because I love making call downs here (and you should too, free chips)