Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Flopped a monster OOP, when to pounce.

From Pal's point of view, is it credible that you'd cc here with anything other than Ax? I wouldn't think so. On the other hand, if you two mix it up frequently (and it seems that you do), she might weight pps 77-99 strongly enough to find a call with an overpair to the 6 if you 3-bet. There also aren't many unpaired broadways in her likely range unless you're engaged in a running pissing match pf.

I 3-bet.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM

you are dodging 6 outs on the turn and 9 outs on the river, not terrible shape but it's certainly not a lock. just a shade better than a flopped flush vs flopped set.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Pal's point of view, is it credible that you'd cc here with anything other than Ax? I wouldn't think so. On the other hand, if you two mix it up frequently (and it seems that you do), she might weight pps 77-99 strongly enough to find a call with an overpair to the 6 if you 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly making educated guesses here, you'd have to ask her becuase we've never talked strategy, but no, I think if I CC she puts me on Ax every time but I guess I'm having a hard time see where thats a bad thing. I have a hard time seeing her call with a PP if its 3 back to her. No odds and no reason to think the hand isnt getting capped.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:37 PM

I 3-bet this 100% of the time unless I'm playing with special ed students. Cold-calling absolutely reveals your hand and as someone else said above, people tend not to believe flop-jammers.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cold-calling absolutely reveals your hand and as someone else said above, people tend not to believe flop-jammers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my issue is that even if Pal doesnt want to beleive me, there is still the button who raised to contend with. Doesnt feel like she can call a raise or my RR light so I should focus less on the smart player and concider any monies from them as a bonus and target the moron on the button who's calling 3 cold PF and obviously has a A.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Did this actual hand happen? Or are you adjusting this slightly to the 66 vs TT hand we had that you flopped a set and slowplayed to the turn where I was able to get away from my hand cheaply when you c/r'ed? That one you obviously shoulda played strong from the flop.

Anyway, back to this situation. I think after seeing the action you probably should have donked this flop. If you cold call or 3 bet here it doesn't really matter to me if I don't have an ace. Either one speaks of massive strength. If I have AK/AQ this hand will play itself for me. You need to jam the flop right away. If I have 77-TT I'm probably not going much farther with the hand no matter what you do. Therefore, jamming the flop is optimal.

EDIT: OK, just looked this up in PT. Man, you ran good vs me with 66. lol. Let me know if you want me to share my hand and my thoughts.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think after seeing the action you probably should have donked this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right
Old 09-10-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or are you adjusting this slightly to the 66 vs TT hand we had that you flopped a set and slowplayed to the turn where I was able to get away from my hand cheaply when you c/r'ed? That one you obviously shoulda played strong from the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really going to call the turn bet? I'd have to ponder that one a bit. At the time I assumed you wouldnt call a flop c/r turn lead without a K so I figured one more street to let you pair a broadway was best.

[ QUOTE ]
Did this actual hand happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, would have been about 12ish pst. Button had a big stack $400-$500 but was passive and bad, open limped in the CO and button a LOT. Guy to my imediate right was SF_Chamelean. I think. SF_ something. Really bad and ate my lunch all night. I think the table broke very shortly after this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, back to this situation. I think after seeing the action you probably should have donked this flop. If you cold call or 3 bet here it doesn't really matter to me if I don't have an ace. Either one speaks of massive strength. If I have AK/AQ this hand will play itself for me. You need to jam the flop right away. If I have 77-TT I'm probably not going much farther with the hand no matter what you do. Therefore, jamming the flop is optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm playing the hand against you I'm taking a completly different line but like you said, to a thinking opponent no matter my action my hand is face up, and no matter the action your hand plays itself. I figured once the flop was out the Pal vs. CB part of the hand was over. I was either going to win a big pot or lost one but that was out of my control. the only variable to the hand was the button who I didnt think was good enough to do basic hand reading.

Maybe once I decided to check the flop when the action came back to me it reallt didnt matter what I did, but leading may have been better if you did have an ace.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Yeah, i saw the hand. See the edit in my last post.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM

PM sent. You three betting my sixes was definatly a good luck charm last night. I dont feel bad though, you had some bad karma to work off after the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hand