Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Flopped a monster OOP, when to pounce.

AP 3-6, 6 handed.

I open with 66 Utg+1
Palomino in UTG+2 3bets.
Button who is bad cold calls.
Blinds fold.
I call.

Flop is AA6 no flush draw
I check, Pal bets, Button Raises,.....

Whats our move here? Doesn't any action I take here but folding scream big hand? Is there value in trying to slow play here? Any good player in Pal's seat has to know I have a big hand if I cold call on the flop, generally should I give her a shot to draw out or 3bet the flop given that she 3bet PF? Is there any point in goin for a CR of any sort on the turn or should we just assume now that since 3bets went in PF and a bet and raise on the flop that one of them has an ace and just floor the gas pedal?

Does it matter if we switch the positions of Pal and the fish? Weight the decision more towards her having an A?

What changes if the flop was QQ6 or JJ6 instead?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Flopped a monster OOP, when to pounce.

Slowplay? No way. It's 3 handed and no one is folding. 3-bet now and this flop usually gets capped. QQ6/JJ6 same thing...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:51 PM

You make the most by jamming here. Calling gives away your hand anyway so your best bet is to give them a chance to put in a ton of bets on the flop and turn.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM

3-handed and everybody seems intrested in the pot and you have a monster... just push it whenever you can.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Anyone else donk the flop? I think that would disguise hero's hand better than c/r or c/c.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM

donking isn't bad because there is a good chance that you'll get to 3-bet the flop and you can let villain cap it which might let you get in a turn c/r if he has a weak kicker with his A. More than likely though you are looking for a bet, 3-bet turn which means you want to be the capper on the flop so that your turn lead looks normal. In that case to be the capper against the trips you want to go for the c/r.

These hands are pretty easy to play. just c/r the flop and then ram and jam unless a K, Q or J comes.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are pretty easy to play

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to take the simple hands and overthink them to death, while at the same time completly ignoring the complicated and interesting hands.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM

you have to ram and jam now while you can. you probably won't be able to cap the big streets so get the money in now.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:41 PM

I agree, no one believes anyone when they jam the flop. If you cc 2 here I would be instantly put on alert. Playing the flop fast may get you extra money from me, especially if I have an ace. Slowplaying allows me to catch up for cheap. Assuming I have an ace here I have plenty of outs against you and you want to charge me the most to draw out.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming I have an ace here I have plenty of outs against you and you want to charge me the most to draw out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of outs? Cant be that many. I'm assuming you had a PP larger than 66 so we're looking at 2. If you do have an ace you have 3 outs to your kicker or running paried turn-river (I'm putting the button on an A 100%)

Maybe I over think hands with Pal in them just becuase I think we both know each others play very well. If she has a PP I dont think she's calling if I CC or RR and if she has an A then its AQ or AK because of the pre-flop 3bet and she probably knows I cap AK 3 way like, 99% of the time. In the heat of battle it felt like she wasnt calling without an A and if she was she had to think her hand was good. The button was so bad I don think he spent more than .5 seconds thinking about what either of us could have. When you're the kind of player who CC 3 with ATo you dont flop trips and not think "ZOMG I GOT TEH NUTZ!" The hand felt like Pal was a non-factor because she was either folding without an A or would know her AQ or AK was good and the hand would autoplay. If Pal folded, I was postive I could CR the button and lead the river.

It really felt like sound logic when I put the plan into action but I thought about the hand for quite a while longer