Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-23-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Futurama: \"Bender\'s Big Score\" + other movies/\"new\" episodes

Though I do agree that it would have been nice to see some mention of devil's hands in the movie, nothing *actually* happens in the final episode wrt fry/leela dating.

They mention in the commentary that since they didnt know if it would be their last episode, they went with an ending that would resolve the fry/leela relationship in a happy way without commiting to too much if it came back on.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM

pudge,

[ QUOTE ]
Ithis show isn't at it's best when using long plot arcs.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean here? Like, what long arcs are you talking about?

(I ask because my 2 fav. eps are parasites lost and why of fry, both of which are long arc related)
Old 11-23-2007, 01:59 PM

CMI,
I meant they are better at telling 22 minute stories than 88 minute stories.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Mayor: A dangerous villain know as The Zookeeper, who commits crimes aided by a pack of highly trained animals.

Fry: Pack of highly. Got it!

Mayor: His crew includes a badger with a troubled past and nothing left to lose, an elephant who never forgets - to kill! And a seldom used crab named Lucky; aka Citizen Snips.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:19 PM

Hedonismbot: Ah Fry, congratulations. Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams!

Hedonismbot: You were the sole diversion in what has been a pale and unamusing season. And so I would feign commission you write an opera.

Fry: But, I've never written an opera.

Hedonismbot: And I've never heard one. Still, if you can keep me amused through the overture I shall consider it a smashing success.

Fry: But I wouldn't even know what to write about. Unless... OK I'll do it. If I can make it about Leela.

Hedonismbot: A man writing an opera about a woman? Oh sera, how deliciously absurd!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hedonismbot: A man writing an opera about a woman? Oh sera, how deliciously absurd!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hedonismbot!

It's the amount of thought that goes in to the secondary characters that makes Futurama the great show that it is.

I enjoyed the movie, and will definitely get it (and all of the others) on DVD when they come out.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM

This officially comes out today. Watched it last night and wasn't overly impressed... hope the other 3 deliver better than this one
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is exactly how family guy started back up again, and none of the new episodes are even worth watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHH!! Don't say that! I haven't seen the movie yet, and my whole fear since I heard about it was that the time off from Futurama would give them a comeback akin to the lousy return of FG.

(For the record, I enjoyed FG a lot when it first came out, I was also drinking heavily then, but I doubt there's a correlation there. When it came back, I was so excited, until I found it to be almost a parody of itself, to the point of the jokes losing ANY form of subtelty that they once had.)

Incidentally, thanks to all those who put their spoilers in white because, as someone paraphrased, if you've read it, you can't unread it.

To all those that didn't, and who thought the movie was stupid and should be hated... Well, nothing, really, I just wanted to workin in one of my fave quotes.

P.S.

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!!

(Didn't there use to be a website with transcripts from all the Futurama episodes, NeutralPlanet or something?)
Old 11-28-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This officially comes out today. Watched it last night and wasn't overly impressed... hope the other 3 deliver better than this one

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if the next one is this subpar, it'll be the last one I watch.

The story was kinda interesting, but about 1/2 way thru it was so bloody obvious to my friend and I that <font color="white"> Lars was really Fry</font> . I'm sure we weren't the only ones to notice that.

And boy did this movie seem to draaaaaaag. After it was over, I had to ask if it was a 3 hour movie. The whole plot was very 'meh', and that's how I felt after watching it. Glad they didn't release it at a theatre, though that would have saved me about ten bucks, so maybe I wish they would have.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats great about this show, is that they'll put jokes like P vs NP in, even though its wasted on such a large chunk of their audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, math geniuses, so what's the joke here:

...truth be told, I had no idea until I read this article in 'Wired' about Futurama, "The Geekiest Show on TV" which describes some of the math jokes in the show's history and the math geeks who write it. It's a good read, even though I still don't really get the joke here, though I do appreciate that it's a cab number and is a joke about Taxicab numbers, so I guess that's a start.

According to the article, the number on the next cab, also has a hidden meaning, but they don't say what it is.

Some quick sleuthing with google figured this out:
2000 Popular Vote Totals
Gore: 50999897
Bush: 50456002
Margin: 543895