Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Default NL.10 To Agressive or bad beat?

I was probably playing a little aggressive at the table after seeing how weak the rest were playing. But should i of even been in this pot?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $16.25
BTN: $16.95
SB: $3.05
BB: $3.95
Hero (UTG): $9.65
MP: $16.20

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, MP calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.35</font>, MP calls $1.35, CO folds

Turn: ($4.05) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $14.45 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $3.90 and is All-In

River: ($19.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $19.85 Pot ($1.95 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and LOST (-$9.65 NET)
MP showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Fives full of Nines) and WON $17.90 (+$8.25 NET)
Old 11-04-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: NL.10 To Agressive or bad beat?

i wouldnt raise that hand from utg even in an 6 handed game but i would have limped with it 40% of the times . anyway the flop was perfect for this hand giving you draws ... on the turn you had the nuts but he still had outs to beat you . he hited the full house ... but you put the money in with the best posible hand and thats all you could do ... i guess you played it good after flop
Old 11-04-2007, 11:38 AM

I don't play Axs UTG, but as played it's fine. He sucked out. [censored] happens.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 AM

at least you raised....limping utg with this hand is horrible. you cbet the flop, made your hand on the turn, then got sucked out on the river. standard.

lol at villain's line (calling the flop, then shoving his set WHEN the draw hits)
Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 PM

I normally would not of played this hand UTG either, and i guess i should not of. I had taken down the 2 pots before though after the cbet so decided to go for it.

Had he raised me after the cbet i may of folded.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Tbh, post flop is fine, your hand is potentially huge post flop...gutshot, nut flush draw and one over, I would not have been folding to a raise in this case.
Is that your standard c bet size though? You could get away with a little less as it's too expensive to c bet full pot each time, bet 2/3rds pot and it has to work less often to show a profit. Pokey has a good post in the sticky referring to blind steals but also covering this I believe.
Given table, pf is still spewy..theres just no need to get this tricky/agg at 10NL and it costs you in the long run imo.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Ok so you get all in with the nuts and get rivered, and want to know if you did something wrong.

If the table is uber passive PF isnt terrible if you can play well post flop.
Closed Thread