Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM

Default question about child support

Why should a guy have to pay child support if a girl gets pregnant outside of marriage?

My proposed solution: if a girl gets pregnant she has the right to get an abortion. When she chooses not to have an abortion she has decided to take the baby and all the responsibilities for the baby.

It does not seem fair to me that the man has no say at all whether or not the baby is born but has to pay regardless of choosing to keep the baby or not. It seems more fair that the woman can choose whether or not to keep the baby but should have to pay herself.

My guess is that I'm overlooking something important, so help me out.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: question about child support

I think you are conceptualizing it wrong. Child support is for the child. Child shouldn't have to suffer in substandard living conditions because moms didnt abort it.

and the man did choose. he chose to stick his thing in her, he knows the risks. if man wants a sure way to avoid this, homosexuality always an option.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Previous thread about this. Here's what I sad at the time:

[ QUOTE ]
But for those of you who are saying that if the man demands an abortion but doesn't get it, there is a simple reason why that won't fly. Decisions on child support are made in the best interests of the child, not based on whose fault the pregnancy or birth are. Since mom having more money is usually beneficial to the child, the man is screwed. Ultimately, I think I can live with this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are conceptualizing it wrong. Child support is for the child. Child shouldn't have to suffer in substandard living conditions because moms didnt abort it.

and the man did choose. he chose to stick his thing in her, he knows the risks. if man wants a sure way to avoid this, homosexuality always an option.

[/ QUOTE ]okay good first point and I think that sums up exactly what I was overlooking, but a side note....point 2 doesn't apply. I'm proposing a new law. Under the current laws, yes the man should know the risks before sticking it in, but why should it be that way?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should a guy have to pay child support if a girl gets pregnant outside of marriage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's his baby, too.

[ QUOTE ]
My proposed solution: if a girl gets pregnant she has the right to get an abortion. When she chooses not to have an abortion she has decided to take the baby and all the responsibilities for the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does the guy not have to take responsibilities for doing the sperm-injecting?

[ QUOTE ]
It does not seem fair to me that the man has no say at all whether or not the baby is born but has to pay regardless of choosing to keep the baby or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have a say. He doesn't have to inject sperm into women who are likely planning to get an abortion if they become pregnant.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems more fair that the woman can choose whether or not to keep the baby but should have to pay herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy can choose to pull out, wear a rubber, not have sex ... he had choices, too.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 PM

It absolutely applies. You said:

[ QUOTE ]
It does not seem fair to me that the man has no say at all whether or not the baby is born but has to pay regardless of choosing to keep the baby or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
The man had his "say".
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm proposing a new law. Under the current laws, yes the man should know the risks before sticking it in, but why should it be that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... so why can't I do whatever I want and not have to take responsibility for my actions? great idea...

Sorry you knocked her up, dude, hope it works out for the kid
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm proposing a new law. Under the current laws, yes the man should know the risks before sticking it in, but why should it be that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... so why can't I do whatever I want and not have to take responsibility for my actions? great idea...

Sorry you knocked her up, dude, hope it works out for the kid

[/ QUOTE ]ummm, first off this is a theory question

Second off look at it like this chart:

having a baby: who has a say?
Woman wants baby, Man wants baby = baby
Woman wants baby, Man doesn't want baby = baby
Woman doesn't want baby, Man wants baby = no baby
Woman doesn't want baby, Man doesn't want baby = no baby

woman has sole responsibility of whether or not the baby gets born. Why should man have to pay for the woman's decision?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It does not seem fair to me that the man has no say at all whether or not the baby is born but has to pay regardless of choosing to keep the baby or not. It seems more fair that the woman can choose whether or not to keep the baby but should have to pay herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'something' you are missing is that women's groups have organized political power and they do not care about what is fair or reasonable for a man when there is potential for dispute between a man and a woman. They care about power, goods, and services for women. So they are agains this and men do not have organized political activists (well they do but it's really fringe and not funded) so when it's a man vs woman issue women are out in force pushing for whats good for them and what you propose is not good for them.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 PM

don't listen to this propaganda captZEEbo.

Women have the right to cut off any parental responsibility be that legal and or financial prior to birth and the man should have the same right. It is simple don't let people talk you into rationalizing situations where you get the short end of the stick unfairly.