Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Procrastination stories

Finally a thread for all us degenerate procrastinators! Here is one from this semester.

Calculus exam
When it comes to math I am horrible and a degenerate procrastinator (not a good combination i really should focus on this subject). I haven't done a single page of homework at this point. The test is today so I don't show up to class so i can catch up on the chapters. I email the prof telling him i can't come to class, i don't give excuse but i make it a nice sounding email. He replies it is ok and to come tomorrow (final chance), and that he only has 1 class that day and his last class for the week, so I better be there. I only had 1 day to catch up to a whole month's worth or work. This is really bad for my brain and seems a rather futile attempt.

So I go to the college and I go there late! I woke up late, so i got dressed fast, didn't calm my hair, i look dirty as that day was supposed to be my designated shower day, no breakfast and just headed out! I get to the college and guess what, all the parking is full! this place is notorious for parking problems! i spend more than half hour looking for parking. So there I was getting frustrated and agitated looking for a parking spot, with a rumbling stomach from hunger and a failing grade for my exam soon to come. Why do I always do this to myself I asked myself?? My time is running out! I go from 1 parking place in the college to the other. Pushing my luck to the limit has finally caught up to me!

So what can I do with time running out?? desperate times call for desperate measures! I see the carpool section and say to hell with this and I park in between 2 cars (which i thought would make it tougher to spot mine). This test is going to cost me a $40 ticket i thought to myself! I park my car, run like the wind to his office and to my luck he is there! He gives me the test and sends me to a room to make up the exam and to my luck there is nobody there! an isolated make up exam room, perfect for me to use 'extra resources' to pass this test! I was only a few min away from him leaving to teach his class. If he had been in class it would have led to an obvious embarrasing moment of me walking in a class full of strangers, interrupting the class and with me looking like a dirty bum from not showering for 3 days and waking up late.

I take the test, I do well I know it. I leave it in his office. I run to the carpool spots to see if they gave me a
ticket. To my luck there is no ticket! what began as a horrible day turned out to be a very good day!

the end
Old 04-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Procrastination stories

I have a 10 page english research paper due tomorrow that I have yet to start and I have decided watching the reds game/browsing 2+2 are by far better options
Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 PM

6 page research paper due last Friday at 10 am. Started at 4:30 am. Brag: After finishing, I still had time to browse 2+2 for like an hour before going to class.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:07 AM

I was going to post my best procrastination story but ed's is pretty much the nuts.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 AM

I have a 6 page paper due tomorrow...I'm going to take a look at the prompt soon.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:28 AM

What led me to write the OP is that i am in what seems like another Kobashi Maru scenario (no win situation, star trek).

I emailed the prof telling him i would take the exam the next day (tomorrow). The same class, same story repeats itself basically, but this time the test is on the 3 hardest chapters in the book. I barely started today on the chapters. He hasn't replied to my email.

I don't know if I should just go tomorrow and take the test after all the studying ill do today + am hours, or if to skip it and come up with some scheme/excuse to take it next week. I don't even know if he'll let me take it tomorrow. I could show up to his office and he could tell me to go away.

I am really pushing my luck this time. If i were to take the test right now i would get a score so bad I wouldn't want anybody to see it. I am afraid he is going to reprimand me infront of class which he did last week for a missing quiz. There is this cute girl in class I would like to pursue so getting embarrased by the teacher would kill my chances with her. Obviously he knows im trouble and is weary of my tactics.

Im just tired of having to come up with schemes and plans to solve my procrastination problems! i keep pushing my luck to the limit and tomorrow might be the first time in a long time that one of my plan fails.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:59 AM

ed,
it might be better off that you just fail the class. that way it will teach you a lesson not to procrastinate. everyone procastinates, but eventually once you start getting eff'd in the ass with grades or take your first job at minimart, you'll soon realize that hard work probably does pay off.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ed,
it might be better off that you just fail the class. that way it will teach you a lesson not to procrastinate. everyone procastinates, but eventually once you start getting eff'd in the ass with grades or take your first job at minimart, you'll soon realize that hard work probably does pay off.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is too late to withdraw the class. Besides this is only the second test. There is 1 more plus the final. I can fail this one and do well in the final 2 and pass the class (since i did well in the first one). I am making it a point to stop procrastinating in this class after this test but I just don't want to go and fail it without a fight.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:45 AM

Given how few members this forum has, I would be shocked if there is a bigger procrastinator out there.

I don't have any particular stories, just given the number of people who I have met, and the extent to which I am a bigger procrastinator, I find it unlikely that there are many people worse than me. Its gotten to the point where its not like I can brag about one specific event that has happened, since it is always the same.

Basically, any time that I have to do anything, I subconsciously estimate the amount of time it will take to finish it, if we let this amount of time be x, I more or less cannot do work before x time before the due date. If at any point I realize that I am ahead of schedule, I will slow down, if I get behind pace, I am good at selecting what is worth doing and what isn't, and tend to finish as much as possible. This is best illustrated by my CS projects last term. 2 of them, I missed the deadline(by minutes), the other 3, I handed in a combined 9-10 minutes before the deadline. For projects that need to be physically handed in, I have a much better success rate since I tend to allot more travel time than is necessary.

This may seem standard to some people, and completely irrational to others, just wanted to say that before this turns into a thread about whose procrastination e-penis is bigger, procrastination sucks.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given how few members this forum has, I would be shocked if there is a bigger procrastinator out there.

I don't have any particular stories, just given the number of people who I have met, and the extent to which I am a bigger procrastinator, I find it unlikely that there are many people worse than me. Its gotten to the point where its not like I can brag about one specific event that has happened, since it is always the same.

Basically, any time that I have to do anything, I subconsciously estimate the amount of time it will take to finish it, if we let this amount of time be x, I more or less cannot do work before x time before the due date. If at any point I realize that I am ahead of schedule, I will slow down, if I get behind pace, I am good at selecting what is worth doing and what isn't, and tend to finish as much as possible. This is best illustrated by my CS projects last term. 2 of them, I missed the deadline(by minutes), the other 3, I handed in a combined 9-10 minutes before the deadline. For projects that need to be physically handed in, I have a much better success rate since I tend to allot more travel time than is necessary.

This may seem standard to some people, and completely irrational to others, just wanted to say that before this turns into a thread about whose procrastination e-penis is bigger, procrastination sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't sleep the night before things are due, if i have a paper that will take me 3 hours to complete for an 8am class, i will browse the internet (much like i am doing now) until 5am.

it is 3:38am right now, and tomorrow, i have a paper due in management, a case study due in statistics, and i have to give a speech in communications. i figure it will take me an hour to finish my speech, and two hours to do my case study, and i have to start getting ready for class at 6:30 am, so i better get started now. that doesn't even leave me time to do my paper for management, which i figure i will do after my 8am and 9:30am classes, since it is not due until 1:20pm.