Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: ooops i made another stupid bet

My thinking is that 2 weeks should be used to prepare your body for the contest day effort and to reacquaint yourself with the movement pattern, and then make sure you are well rested. I don't think it is all that different theoretically than why someone would suggest a GTG. It's a high volume starting at low but increasing intensity. The hope is that whatever chance of injury is greatly reduced as well as increasing the focus that increases your chance of success.

edit: Btw, if you do something like I said. Take as long as you need between sets. No points for getting the thing done quickly.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if you could walk into a gym right now and build up to a single at 170-- but I doubt that is the way to go about it.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if you could walk into a gym right now and build up to a single at 170-- but I doubt that is the way to go about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

when the time does come to see what i can put up, say in a week, just a few days before the real attempt, what is the best way to build up to it? Few reps at 50% few at 75% one at 100%?

Also will i be litest in the morning? Obv I want to be at my litest so i have to lift less, and i notice sometimes my weight fluctuates 5 pounds in a day (close to). And maybe a suggestion on something to eat an hour or so before, for a "burst of engery"
Old 11-24-2007, 05:21 PM

A couple cups of coffee can make me crap out a quick five pounds.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:28 PM

alrighty, soo update:
Today went into the gym and threw some weight on the ol bar, just to see what I could put up. Currently weighting about 172, and proceeded to only be able to...... put up 175 5 times before calling it done. So I call my buddy promptly, (who just quit his poker dealing job last night) and give him the ol "ill let you settle today for 75.00 and if not, we will see what happens," he after proding me decides i went to the gym and CANT put up my weight, and that im trying to hustle him. Soooo I tell him bad decision and rub it in his face a bit. He says hes gonna wait til the 5th of december to pay me, just in case i rip a pec musle or something. But anyways, thanks for the advices, $hip it!