Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: GG BODOG GG

[ QUOTE ]
dude you way overestimate what the us is willing to do to get this $48M from bodog. if bodog wants they can just not pay, give up the domain name, email all their customers, and they will be fine

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the U.S. who has the judgment, it's some dude. And he's likely to be VERY willing to take pretty minor steps (such as seizing domain names, etc.) to ensure a good bargaining position. The court didn't order the domain shut down on it's own motion, it was asked to do so by the judgment creditor.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM

http://www.gambling911.com/online-gambling-082907.html

another link to the relevant story.

OP is getting time off for being a twit and rumor mongering without providing any of the easily available evidence.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:59 PM

I have been known to be a Bodog fanboy but it doesn't seem like just changing the domain name each time is the simple solution. If they got the original domain name it only seems probable they could get this one. Not to mention penalties from Google.

I don't think Bodog is going away but I think they will likely have to deal with this in some way shape or form more directly.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OP is getting time off for being a twit and rumor mongering without providing any of the easily available evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bodog.com does not negotiate with terrorists

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahha [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 04:18 PM

Traffic at the higher limits of NL is about normal. Of course so was the traffic at Neteller.
No one from Poker stars can come in the country either. It is all a Lottery right now.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been known to be a Bodog fanboy but it doesn't seem like just changing the domain name each time is the simple solution. If they got the original domain name it only seems probable they could get this one. Not to mention penalties from Google.

I don't think Bodog is going away but I think they will likely have to deal with this in some way shape or form more directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not actually true. This URL name was easily seized because it was registered by a US company. I assume Bodog used a foreign registrar for the newbodog.com URL.

Secondly this case has no merit as the US has no jurisdiction over companies in Antigua and the US has already been ruled against by the WTO. Simply put if the US does not respect the free trade rights of a soveriegn nation (Antigua), why should Antigua (or any country for that matter)respect U.S. patent law.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]U
Old 08-29-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not actually true. This URL name was easily seized because it was registered by a US company. I assume Bodog used a foreign registrar for the newbodog.com URL.

Secondly this case has no merit as the US has no jurisdiction over companies in Antigua and the US has already been ruled against by the WTO. Simply put if the US does not respect the free trade rights of a soveriegn nation (Antigua), why should Antigua (or any country for that matter)respect U.S. patent law.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good in theory, but just not reality. If you've not noticed in the cases of neteller, sportingbet.com, wsex, and others.....the US can do just about whatever it wants.