Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Default MSNL Coaching/ University of Michigan Student

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone in the forum. My name is Kyle Levasseur and I am a student at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. I play under the name Latenight239 at Absolute and Stars and under the name PAYTHEPLAYA on Full Tilt.

I've been a winning player at NL $.25/.50, NL.$.50/$1, and NL $1/$2. In all, Ive profited close to 20k, playing basic ABC poker, playing primarily on AP. Because of the Neteller situation, my current BR is limited to only 5k. However, I expect to make close to 15k this summer with my internship and expect that I will be working with a BR of >20k by the beginning of next year.

I would like to take some shots at 2/4NL and 3/6NL but would like to reevaulate my game and my play before moving up in limits. I feel like I have a basic understanding of the fundamentals but am lacking the necessary instruction to take my game to the next level (for example, I am interested in learning more about concepts such as how to use poker tracker, how to the use hand history convertor to post on 2+2, discussions of expected value, fold equity, hand ranges, VPIP etc) I am looking for someone from this forum to assist me with my game, maybe coaching me over AIM, while I play.

What would be optimal would be if a mid/high stakes player from the UofM could take me under their wing and maybe serve as a mentor, so that I can be successful when I make the jump in limits.

Please let me know if youre interested. You can either PM me or contact me on AIM at Klevass239.

Best Regards,
LATENIGHT239
Old 04-21-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: MSNL Coaching/ University of Michigan Student

Alot of people will be willing to help you if you shell out 200/hour.

You basically want to be coached in the basics of poker based on your description. Go to the micro forums.... everyone knows the stuff you are asking.