Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:47 AM

Default $5-10nl A\'s, 6 way to the turn

My image is generally tight. However prior to this hand I raised 3 to the left of the BB to $35 w/ 6d,7d and showed the hand down to win a $1200 pot w/ two pair so the table may be thinking that I'm splashing around a little.

I have about $1700 in front of me and all the players in the pot cover.

The very next hand I pick up Ah,As and raise to $50. 3 players call behind me as does the BB and one limper. The flop is Jd,8c,3d. Check, check. I bet $250. The first player calls. He's someone that will chase, but he's also someone that plays his big hands very slowly even on a draw heavy board. He could be calling here w/ anything from a set, to a straight draw or a flush draw. K's are even possible although not as likely as a straight or flush draw IMO.

The next person calls. I just called his bluff the prior hand and he's steaming and he's pretty loose in general. Well that brings in the button, the big blind and the limper!! I'm not sure what's going on here other than knowing that there is a straight drawing and a flush or 2 drawing.

6 of us take the turn and the pot is $1800 now. The turn is Kc. Checked to me. Push or not?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Re: $5-10nl A\'s, 6 way to the turn

not
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 AM

I think given stack sizes you have to. If you were a bit deeper check/fold would be better.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:15 AM

lol great hand

i disagree with berserk...you still have what like 1400? i think if you are trying to get it in that bet/call or CR is better than a shove

to be honest i really think that anything that is anything has to rasie this flop, maybe not KJ

if the two players that called behind you are aggro/bluffy then i think CRAI is the best line

if one of the people that smoothed OOP leads the turn i would shove

the only thing i am not doing is open shoving i guess
and maybe you could CF to the guy directly on your left unless he is also aggro with draws
Old 11-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Actually there are 3 players behind me and I'm not sure yet whether or not I want to get it all in because I'm not sure where I am in the hand. Two of the 3 players behind me play draws passively. I'm not sure about the button.

I really wasn't sure where I was in the hand so I decided to check. The three behind me check as well. The river is Qc. Again it's checked to me....
Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 AM

c/f