Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: daryn

[ QUOTE ]
btw, seeing as drew didn't state it, the official reason given was 'trolling / circumventing profanity filter'

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure how one trolls in a thread that under NT!'s rules should have been locked/deleted to begin w/ and the OP banned for a no content post. trolling in a content-less thread is like littering at the garbage dump.

and drew touched the tip of the iceberg w/ NT's circumventing the filter. a quick search of the F word and other banned words shows NT as a frequent violator.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If "[censored]," all as one word, is filtered, but "ass hole" is not, and DD knew it and thus typed "ass hole" instead of "[censored]," then I guess that's circumventing.

I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that. But since ass is a legitimate english word and hole is too (and a legitimate modifier, like man hole, to describe something that does not lead into the sewer), seems kinda weak. It's not like he type BAST ARD because bastard was censored. Live and learn.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like he type BAST ARD because bastard was censored. Live and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]
If bastard was censored, BBV would have a collective heart attack.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he can't answer you

[/ QUOTE ]

This is DrewDevil.

NT! just banned me for 3 days for circumventing the profanity filter with the words "ass hole."

I was under the impression that this was an acceptable use of words, mainly because <u>NT! has posted this exact expression on at least 5 other occasions</u>:

post 1

post 2

post 3

post 4

post 5

Post 5 in particular is a profanity-laced battle rap with several examples of NT! circumventing the profanity filter.

The point of all this, of course, is that NT! is a terrible mod and a hypocrite. He banned me because he likes daryn and he doesn't like me, and I said something he didn't like about his buddy.

A mod with the mentality of a sixth grade bully makes me not real interested in posting on 2+2 again.

Ban away, Mr. McManus.

[/ QUOTE ]
perma ban for circumventing ban imo
Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

The thing here is that it's a daryn appreciation thread and DD came in and crapped on it. I think that was kind of uncool and the profanity filter thing seems to be sufficient reason to ban. Also, his gimmick/second account was poorly executed: he should have aired his grievances in ATF and not here. Not only is that the right place for it but it prevents him from crapping on the Daryn Appreciation Thread AGAIN.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:13 PM

it's not like it's surprising to see NT wield his power in a retarded fashion. It sucks for drewdevil, because for the most part I think he's an ok poster. He really should just be quiet and move on though, anything else will get him nowhere.

And also, I don't care one way or another about daryn and I think the OP kinda sucks because it doesn't tell me wtf is going on. hyachachahc
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Tuq,

Your initial response to DD made Daryn's case, and left the potential of this thread to develop as a Daryn Appreciation Thread completely intact.

So DD's first post here cost nothing -- it merely relayed one guy's opinion in a thread that could quite easily be interpreted to mean 'say what you will of me, I'm gone.' Given the hypocritical and unanticipated ban that followed DDs first post, his second post is absolutely understandable.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM

indymattysuspect for mod!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 PM

suzzer
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, but obviously that wasn't really the main reason he banned you, moreso that you were being an ass. he probably just typed that in the mod notes for the hell of it, heh

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty retarded modding imho.