Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Is this scared river play with KK? 2/4 FT

Villain is 27/15/3 over 150 hands. Never saw him do anything super crazy.
METAGAME (maybe): I just typed in chat a couple hands before that I was leaving before the BB came back.

On the flop I just call knowing he is going to continue bet on turn. I was raising any non spade turn. (Thoughts on this)

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 09-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Is this scared river play with KK? 2/4 FT

I don't think it's a scared river play at all. Some would say to continue bet, but if you ask me, that is what he wants you to do. I think if he made the flush, he would be three firing knowing you would most likely call with odds and all no matter the read. Sounds like to me he has a middle pair, maybe even a 9 or something. I'm putting him on A10-AK before I put him on a flush or even a pair though. It seems like he was chasing with his two overcards and HE got scared with the river card.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a scared river play at all. Some would say to continue bet, but if you ask me, that is what he wants you to do. I think if he made the flush, he would be three firing knowing you would most likely call with odds and all no matter the read. Sounds like to me he has a middle pair, maybe even a 9 or something. I'm putting him on A10-AK before I put him on a flush or even a pair though. It seems like he was chasing with his two overcards and HE got scared with the river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-26-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please
Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL rambleaments.

What the hell are you talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

@ OP. This is terrible. Bet the river for value and get paid of by A6, A4, A2, 76, 65, 63, 86, 96, 54, 32, 33, 55, 77, 88, 99 and even Ax.

If he c/r'es fold and dont sweat it.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:16 PM

If youre routinely checking behind these rivers, youre leaving tons of money on the table. I think its a safe fold vs a c/r too, but even if youre paying off a c/r, betting is likely best.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Bleh, I guess I ramble where it can only be understood by myself and maybe a few other people.

Basically, I was saying the river card scared the villain more than it should scare the OP.

By my read, he's trying to take the pot with A10-AK. He was chasing with 2 over cards trying to hit, and a queen wasn't one of them, so he checked the river.

If he had a flush/made the flush, he was checking in hopes that the hero would bet so he could raise.

Hope that's a little better explanation of my post, I think QuietEarner understood it or he was quoting the other guy lol
Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM

@Jsmith

So you are arguing for a river check?

If you do you suck at poker. (Sorry)

This is such an easy value bet

You cant just put him on AT to AK. There is a bunch of worse hands that calls this river that plays this way.

Not betting is a huge huge mistake.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

@ OP. This is terrible. Bet the river for value and get paid of by A6, A4, A2, 76, 65, 63, 86, 96, 54, 32, 33 , 55, 77, 88, 99 and even Ax.

If he c/r'es fold and dont sweat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what I thought after I checked and said damn it why did I do that.

EDIT: If I get check raised and call, is that a huge mistake?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:27 PM

I struggle to see how betting KK vs trip 9's will be a value bet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]