Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Ak with 47 BB Mega Pot

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Python is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Python raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 caps</font>, Python calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (28SB, 7 players)
Python checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises</font>, Python calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Python caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (27BB, 7 players)
Python checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Python raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Python calls, UTG calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (44BB, 7 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Python bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 47BB

I think, you can draw here with almost anything, that's drawable. The problem is, everybody gets incredible good pot odds for his hand.
So, my strategy was to check-raise like a maniac with my top overcard draw to drive out opponents. But nobody was impressed.

How would you play a hand with infinity pod odds against almost all oppenents to max. your profit?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Ak with 47 BB Mega Pot

Flop and turn are atrocities against poker. River bet is marginal. But hey, you got preflop right!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think, you can draw here with almost anything, that's drawable. The problem is, everybody gets incredible good pot odds for his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea why these wonderful potodds suddenly materialized?

Hint: Some people in the hand aren't looking at potodds but are focusing on their equity...
Old 10-18-2006, 06:04 PM

Yo, I really have no clue how to play such a hand right. What should I've done on the flop, turn, river instead?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:05 PM

Let's start out with you telling us how often you expect to win this hand. If you can't answer that, it's time to learn how.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:25 PM

Ok. Preflop, I've a premium hand with a great pot equity advantage, so I raise for value. I expect to win this hand a good share of the time.
On the flop, I've a rainbow with only one high card, holding two overcards. Since there is so much action and so many opponents, the danger of three of a kind and over pocket pairs is great. I think, I could win 50% of the time with top pair, So, I've 3 outs to the best pair on the turn. That's chance of approx. 6%. So, I "own" 1,5 SB of the pot on the flop.
On the turn, I don't hit the draw. There is no danger of a flush and a little change to a straight. The main concerns are quads and three of kind. Since there is so much action, I've only a little chance to win this hand.

Hm, I think raising and betting was the wrong strategy. Calling and checking is the right strategy. Folding would be right in a smaller pot. But since the pot is so huge, I call down to the river, right?
Since th
Old 10-18-2006, 06:29 PM

Here's a useful question to ask yourself: what hands would UTG+1 limp then reraise with preflop?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM

P,

There you go.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How would you play a hand with infinity pod odds against almost all oppenents to max. your profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cap every street and hope to get lucky.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:40 PM

Hm, ok, he probably holds a very big pocket pair. MP3 is also likely to have a big pocket pair. Since both bet/raise on the flop and there a so many other calles, I should have folded my very, very weak drawing hand right away on the flop.
I think, I was "AK blind".