Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Scotty Nguyen on WSOP last night

Every poker player has these moments op. Unforgivable? who's forgiveness does he need? yours? come on, it's unfortunate but it happens all the time. I'm sure most here have had lots of chips late in a tourney and donked them all off. no big deal. scotty still owns.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM

Scotty Nyugen's chips won the WSOP!

He shipped them to Hilm on day 6, and Hilm shipped them to Yang on day 7.

Way to go Scotty!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:24 PM

It's better to be Scotty...than not to be.
NC
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure I have ever seen any poker player play as bad as Scotty did last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen Scotty play? you lost alot of respect for a World Champion based on the "blow-up" hands ESPN showed lasy night...I respect your opinion, but please STFU jakartapimp
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM

LOL.....so "my respect" some how is dictated by others? Bwhahaha....TheB..without posts like mine you and your ilk would be sitting around spooning each other all day on this board. Amazing how an honest post leads to flaming. You are too much.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:29 PM

Scotty blew up, and he risked/lost all of his chips when he didn't have to. Everyone knows that including the most important person, Scotty himself.

I am not sure, however, that I agree with the comments about how Scotty should have sat on his chips and waited for the final table. Slow down? Sure! Don't take unnecessary risks? Absolutely. But call it a day? No. I think that even if you are a huge chip leader, you still have to play poker, not auto-fold and miss opportunities. I don't know if that's what some of the posters meant or not, but it's an important differentiation.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Let me be as clear as the stage two HIV outbreak on TheB and his buddies face......My point was Scotty should never have done what he did. There was no need. None whatsoever. He made a horrible, horrible, move and it potentially cost him tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars over the coarse of his career (endorsements, speaking, books, etc). He did not need to stop playing poker...just tighten up a bit and prepare for the next day. Remember, they were at the final table bubble. One of the short stacks would be gone soon enough.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me be as clear as the stage two HIV outbreak on TheB and his buddies face......My point was Scotty should never have done what he did. There was no need. None whatsoever. He made a horrible, horrible, move and it potentially cost him

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks Capt. Obvious, lock thread
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me be as clear as the stage two HIV outbreak on TheB and his buddies face......My point was Scotty should never have done what he did. There was no need. None whatsoever. He made a horrible, horrible, move and it potentially cost him tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars over the coarse of his career (endorsements, speaking, books, etc). He did not need to stop playing poker...just tighten up a bit and prepare for the next day. Remember, they were at the final table bubble. One of the short stacks would be gone soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you have got to be kidding me right? You must be an awful tournament player if your strategy is to just tighten up and coast on the Final Table bubble. You do realize that Greg Raymer basically won the 2004 main event before the final table even started by abusing the Final Table bubble right? Scotty made a bad move trying to accumulate chips and ran into a set. It happens, that tournaments.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:04 PM

"Devils Advocate".....you are all right! Scotty did exactly what he should have done. It was a brilliant play. If it would have worked he would have coasted to victory with a dominating chips stack putting pressure on everyone else.....

"Reality"......Scotty busted out when he did not need to. Is that the best spot for him to get his chips in good? I know nothing...you all have multiple bracelets and tourney victories to your name and in fact teach classes on how to dominate tournaments. When can I sign up for one of your classes. I can see by reading your sylabus that Tournament Poker 101 "How to bust out on the final table bubble" is quickly filling up.