Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Vic Champs at Crown (Melbourne, Australia)

Probably the right spot to post this, i understand bond is coming and will be quite easy to notice, presuming he wears his suit again..

I guess let this be the Vic Champs thread (if theres enough interest and people playing)

Anyone else making it down to play in any of the events?
I wont be playing in any myself, school is pretty limiting at the moment, but will definately be playing cash games during the series.

Feel free to say any noticable things you may be wearing. I'll be the one giving the sup bro's at the table [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Vic Champs at Crown (Melbourne, Australia)

I live like 5mins from crown so should get off my ass over there...prob the rebuy event, 1k 6max and the main event as of now...should be fun! I presume the cash games will be juicy during the series too as long as a million 2+2ers donk flock down
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I live like 5mins from crown so should get off my ass over there...prob the rebuy event, 1k 6max and the main event as of now...should be fun! I presume the cash games will be juicy during the series too as long as a million 2+2ers donk flock down

[/ QUOTE ]

haha im 5 minutes from crown too, unfortunately the only event that suits my timetable and roll is fridays limit event :<

depending on how i feel i'll be donking it up in that, but i'll definately be playing on friday whether its the event or cash. Just annoyed i cant play tonights 40k gaur event
Old 07-25-2007, 05:09 AM

I'm about 2000km from Crown. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] What dates btw?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about 2000km from Crown. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] What dates btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

event one starts tonight (25th July - 6th August)

http://www.crownpoker.com.au/TournamentDetail.aspx?T=26
Old 07-25-2007, 05:59 AM

I'll be there, playing tomorrow nights elimination event, fri limit and tues pot limit HE/Omaha/hilo.
Posted a thread in the strat forum re: elimination event. Will cross post here if that's cool. Feel free to delete if not appropriate.

Elimination Holdem
The Elimination Holdem event will be a Limit Holdem tournament with a maximum of 160 entrants commencing 10-handed. There will be no blind increases during play rather the lowest chipstack on each table will be eliminated after one full round of the dealer button (orbit). In the event
that there is a tie for the lowest chipstack, both (or more) tied players will be eliminated. In this
instance there will be no further eliminations on that table until all tables are balanced. Once a
player is eliminated their chipstack will be removed from play. At the time an elimination is due
to occur, the dealer will determine which is the lowest chipstack on their table. Once a player is
eliminated, their chipstack will be removed from play.
When the tournament is 6-handed or less, an elimination will be conducted after every two rounds. When the number of players on each table reaches five or less, there will be a seat redraw to form 10-handed tables. The button will always commence in the last seat. This shall apply at the beginning of the tournament and after each redraw.
In the event that a player exhausts their bank of chips, there will be no further eliminations on that table until all tables are balanced. On the final table, the format will change to No Limit.
When two players remain in the tournament, play will continue until one player has all remaining
chips. During the tournament players will be required to keep their chipstack neat and in full view at all times and the dealer is under no obligation to advise a player of the size of another player’s chipstack.

Should be fun, plenty of the crapshoot element, but I'm sure there are some unconventional strategies that can be effective. I guess the biggest thing will be the fluctuations in fold equity.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:08 PM

I was gonna play PL Holdem/Omaha/Omaha Hi-Lo but given that dealer incompetence totally tilts me - I think it's probably better if I just keep my monies.

I will probably play razz, and may play the stud and stud hi-lo, easily the best structures of the lot.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Would love to have popped over for a weekend, but none of the events I'm interested in are running when I want them to be. Lousy.

I really need to quit my job so I can freelance more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 AM

I'll be playing almost all of the events. Played last nights, trip report incoming.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 AM

Average stack going into day 2... < 10bb, yay.