Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Party .5/1 Slow Play Gone Scary!!??!??!

No reads on the pre-flop raiser, i thought i'd slow play and raise on the river to get the most bets, any thoughts???

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 05-12-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Party .5/1 Slow Play Gone Scary!!??!??!

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 bets, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: MP2 bets, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:46 AM

Raise.

You can apply this to multiple streets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 AM

lol worst play ever

SAVE THE MICROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 05-12-2006, 03:51 AM

that is disgusting...

slow-playing (which is seldom a good idea) infers that you will forgo bets on early streets to gain more bets on later streets.... i dont see you trying to gain more bets... if you slow down with the nut flush as soon as the board pairs you are playing very very scared poker.

i can accept the trap on the flop, but please raise the turn.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:51 AM

ok i realized i made a mistake here in this play, but i would like some rationale behind why i shouldn't slow play this HU and what i should do instead and why, i don't appreciate people just making fun of me and not explaining what i did wrong...

if i didn't think i did anything wrong i wouldn't post this

and if i wanted to be made fun of without learning anything i would post this either..

please explain and elaborate on these comments....

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that is disgusting...

slow-playing (which is seldom a good idea) infers that you will forgo bets on early streets to gain more bets on later streets.... i dont see you trying to gain more bets... if you slow down with the nut flush as soon as the board pairs you are playing very very scared poker.

i can accept the trap on the flop, but please raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you snitch i appreciate the elaboration instead of just calling this the worst play ever
Old 05-12-2006, 04:05 AM

I don't think showing aggression on this flop would scare out MP2 unless he has absolute garbage and was praying you'd fold to a flop bet. Flopping a flush is about as rare as things get, especially because you 3 bet preflop, the only hand villian can think you have a flush with is the AK that you have. And while you do have it, from villian's seat it is the least likely hand for you to have. And even if you slow play the flop, you have to raise the turn. I can't think of too many hands worth a raise that would miss that board and be folded out, so get money into that pot! And the board pairing K shouldn't scare you much because you have a K so the only likely boat is when villian has JJ or QQ, but because we never raised it's very hard to tell just how hard the flop did hit him. A KQ or KJ is very unlikely. But a raise on the turn would really help us evaluate if the river is worthy of a value bet.

And one more thing, that flop is almost always going to hit a preflop raiser somehow, so I don't think you'd scare him off. get as many bets into that pot as you possibly can. The worst case scenario is he check calls the turn and check calls the river after 3 betting the flop. Thats 1 more BB than you got by slowplaying (and he may cap the flop and 3 bet the turn which would be really exciting!)

I think the time to slowplay this would be if the flop had 3 diamonds but they were the 3 5 8, where it's likely to have missed the MP2's hand completely...
Old 05-12-2006, 04:31 AM

For what it's worth, when you're heads up, slowplaying is a more viable option if you're playing against an aggressive opponent.

This hand though, you should definitely raise the flop. A turn diamond kills your action, and he's not going to believe that you flopped a flush. So don't worry about disguising your hand, just raise for value.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:04 AM

Thats just fishy play,man. How do you expect to get the most bets into the pot if you just call? Get a grip and start raising!